Describe your favorite game moments

LambofGod

Tell me some of your best memories in games.

I'll start:

Metal gear solid - Playsation

I must of been 8-10 years old but this game holds a strong memory for me in gaming. I finally talked my parents into buying me a playsation and it was my first game for the system. I will not forget how hard it was for me the first time playing it, ultimately how hard it was to defeat metal gear rex. A friend told me about how you earn the stealth cammo after you beat it and I wanted it so bad - when I finally beat the game (after hundreds of tries) I wont forget how awesome it was to go around invisible and torturing the poor genome soldiers. :):):)

Grand Theft Auto: III - Ps2

Not only is this game series probably one of my favorite of all time,but this was the one that truly got me hooked.yeah I had played the originals (and they were fun) this one "had me at hello" it took me so incredibly long to beat not because it was hard,but because I was A.D.D from the start. I put several hours in this game no further than mission 5... Then when I got cheats... That only furthered my attention deficit lol.
One thing I remembered was I had a mad obsession with trying to get the only plane in the game to truly fly. It was the "Dodo" wich was a cessna with clipped (short) wings. My friends would just laugh and tell me it "it won't fly" but I finally after so long glitched it to flying as high and as long as I wanted it to lol. Still to this day I don't believes it was actually supposed to - I just figured it out :)

This is fun let me know some of your unforgettable game memories.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]I remember I found COD Modern Warfare very impressive the first time I played it.[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]The game was a bit dated by the time I had gotten around to playing it.[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]I had not played any games on console or PC for a while and had all but forgotten about them.[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]My brother told me I should give the game a try.[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS] Oh boy, had things changed since EA's "Deer Hunter"! [/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]I remember I was using a desktop that ran a C2D with a GTS 250. [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]I was amazed not only by the graphics -- which were a million miles away from those of the arcade games I played as a kid, but also by the fact that it was a serious game: the developers actually took time to do research, write a good story, and build a game around it that was both engaging and fun.[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]The dialogue did not insult your intelligence and the side quips were actually funny.[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]I thought the music was pretty good, as well.[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]One of the best FPS campaigns ever, in my opinion; and with a sniper mission that has inspired countless copycats, too.[/FONT]

Oooo boy. I must say, as a fairly avid gamer I've had a few.
but, off the top of my head, here are two of my (arguably) best moments in gaming.

1. Skyrim the Elder scrolls
This happened a few days ago, actually. Was wandering around Markarth, far from civilisation, when I notice a dragon off a couple hundred metres to the east. "Cool, this should be fun" I think, a quick check of my potions stock and after equipping dragonrend, I'm off on my jolly way. Halfway to the dragon, a second dragon suddenly soars over out of nowhere and is now circling around with the other dragon. I'm like "awesome, this could actually be a pretty kickass battle". Then, just as I'm about to reach them, a freaking third dragon pops out from behind some mountains. Three dragons. Three. seeing only one is quite rare, let alone two, but THREE. It was probably a glitch, I think to myself. At this point I'm wondering if I should even engage them, because I'd probably just get my butt kicked.
"What the hell, this is never gonna happen again, so might as well"
So I plod along, and sure enough, the first dragon notices me and starts trying to attack.
out of nowhere, TWO giants and THREE mammoths come and start attacking another dragon.
lo and behold, as if it couldn't get any better, a small army of skeletons happens to rise from the nearby graveyard and begin attacking the third dragon. Long story short, an epic battle ensued which resulted in me killing one dragon and finishing off another, then proceeding to wipe out the remaining giant and few skeletons. I actually still cannot believe I survived that. better yet, I recorded it so If anybody's keen I'll shoot up the vid on my youtube channell. :D

2. Battlefield 3
was messing around in operation firestorm, being a tad bit of a troll.
Having equipped a jeep with veritable amounts of C4 stuck to the bonnet, I was bouncing around the map looking for some tank to carbomb. up ahead I noticed an AA tank. perfect. I align the 'run-up' and gun the engine. I however, fail to see the two campers lying under some bushes. a few miliseconds later *squash*, double kill. awesome. so I prep myself for impact, and then eject. I watch as my jeep rockets toward the tank, whip out my detonator, and BOOM. tank is nonexistant.
However, In the massive explosion I somehow fail to notice my jeep shooting high up into the sky, and taking out an enemy helicopter in mid-air. Yeah, that one felt pretty badass.

Those were definitely my top two. I have more but it's late and I can't be bothered writing anymore. :)

My first PC game experience stemmed from an ancient Intel Pentium system when I was 9. I'm a huge fan of racing games, particularly the Need for Speed franchise. I thought of first-person shooters as difficult to play at that age, so I became a fan of racing, because you just have to control either WASD or arrow keys.

The Need for Speed I first played was Underground 2, whenever I got home from school, I'd gear up on that hub and play, and I may have skipped few meals for the day. Somehow I got fed up of the game, but I got the chance of playing Quake 4, and found myself compatible with a first-person shooter. My dad bought that game for me as a birthday gift.

And then, after beating Quake 4, I wounded up playing with Need for Speed again, but this time it was Most Wanted (2005). Like every other games I've played before it, I always sat on that PC and kill my not-so-precious time.

Presently, I became fascinated with PC gaming. I'd buy the latest games to date no matter how good or bad it is. So that's how my gaming phenomenon started. But I guarantee that's it's so good to be young again. :D

My game moments would be:
1) Halo: Combat Evolved
Mostly when I was the only one standing after defeating waves of Covenant. And memorable ones being the Flood intro, and the ending cutscene, where Cortana says, "Halo...it's over...", to which Chief responds, "No...I think we're just getting started..."
2) NFS Games
Mostly after winning races after multiple retries, or evading hour-long pursuits, or better still winning by split second differences.
3) Soldier of Fortune 2
After being awarded the Soldier of Fortune medal on RMG missions.
4) Pokemon
After defeating the Elite Four and winning the Pokemon League after lengthy, nearly-lost battles. Nothing better!

I've had a lot of very memorable moments, but there are two that were the most awesome, I think.

First was back in 1993. It was my first computer and I got one of those combat racing sims. Can't remember what it was called, but I remember that it took me long time to figure out how to play because it was in English and I spoke none of it then. Once I figured it out it was awesome. Racing around and blow other races apart.

Second was not so long ago with a game called "cold fear". I always hated 3rd person shooters but this one changed my mind. Although the game got poor reviews I loved it. Played through it a few times since just for a bit of nostalgia. The controls were just right and the game itself made me try out a few other third person games. And, aside from Splinter cell: conviction, I like none of them. Especially over the shoulder ones.

I've had a lot of very memorable moments, but there are two that were the most awesome, I think.

First was back in 1993. It was my first computer and I got one of those combat racing sims. Can't remember what it was called, but I remember that it took me long time to figure out how to play because it was in English and I spoke none of it then. Once I figured it out it was awesome. Racing around and blow other races apart.

Second was not so long ago with a game called "cold fear". I always hated 3rd person shooters but this one changed my mind. Although the game got poor reviews I loved it. Played through it a few times since just for a bit of nostalgia. The controls were just right and the game itself made me try out a few other third person games. And, aside from Splinter cell: conviction, I like none of them. Especially over the shoulder ones.

Ha that's funny cause just recently I been building a PC wich will not only be the first but probably the best I have ever played on. Up until now I have been on Playstation 3 . Withat info out the way and the point im making is that Left 4 Dead,and Splinter Cell: Conviction will be the first games I buy for it,because they were both Xbox and PC exclusive games two of wich I really wanted to play. Ultimately I want Arma 2/3 but until $ comes up for that I will have to stick to games easy on graphics and CPU.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]I remember I found COD Modern Warfare very impressive the first time I played it.[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]The game was a bit dated by the time I had gotten around to playing it.[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]I had not played any games on console or PC for a while and had all but forgotten about them.[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]My brother told me I should give the game a try.[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS] Oh boy, had things changed since EA's "Deer Hunter"! [/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]I remember I was using a desktop that ran a C2D with a GTS 250. [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]I was amazed not only by the graphics -- which were a million miles away from those of the arcade games I played as a kid, but also by the fact that it was a serious game: the developers actually took time to do research, write a good story, and build a game around it that was both engaging and fun.[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]The dialogue did not insult your intelligence and the side quips were actually funny.[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]I thought the music was pretty good, as well.[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]One of the best FPS campaigns ever, in my opinion; and with a sniper mission that has inspired countless copycats, too.[/FONT]

I as well enjoyed Call Of Duty 4. Its was my first game for PS3 and like you was O_O - over the graphics. Though admitting to that I have to say I hate that series. I stopped playing after World at War,and picked up on the Battlefield series. It's nothing personal to fans of the games as a whole and it may be somewhat in my head,but I have to give my reasons.

A lot of games these days create an engine,and gameplay then they re-install the S**T out of it,only changing very little almost insignificant alterations then charge full price for it. - I believe the C.O.D franchise to be biggest violator of this.

This next one isn't Call Of Duty's issue as much as it is my own preference. It seems that with each new installment they get further from reality and even further into arcade then the previous game. - again only personal opinion , wich is somewhat hypocritical since I do still love ZOMBIES !!.

Sorry for rant I get carried away not only from my own original topic,but with my opinions cause again " I do not speak to offend and I still love COD 4,and Nazi ZOMBIES " - this and many other factors is exactly why im building a PC.

My all time favorite time as a gamer would have been playing 007 Nightfire for the Nintendo 64.

The game was way ahead of its time, and who didn't love the 4-layer split screen, shooting your mates with a golden gun?

This next one isn't Call Of Duty's issue as much as it is my own preference. It seems that with each new installment they get further from reality and even further into arcade then the previous game. - again only personal opinion , wich is somewhat hypocritical since I do still love ZOMBIES !!

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]I know what you mean. I really liked the first of the Modern Warfare series. I was rather disapointed that the developers decided to take the route that they did with the next two installments, MW2 and MW3. I suspect they were trying to a snag a wider share of the market -- and by that I mean they decided to include six-year olds. There's nothing wrong with that, of course. But then it sort of bothered me, too. I'm not a fan of those two games. [/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Personally, I like what the developers of the Medal of Honor are doing. They seem to go for more somber -- and perhaps somewhat more realistic -- storylines. Good gameplay, too. I hear that the stories behind the upcoming "Medal of Honor: Warfighter" were written by real Navy SEAL and Delta Force operators. Saw the trailers and the game does look gorgeous. [/FONT]

My all time favorite time as a gamer would have been playing 007 Nightfire for the Nintendo 64.

This was the one where the Bond character is a spot-on likeness of Pierce Brosnan, right? Yeah, I think I played that on Playstation. Good game!

My favorite game moment happens in all difficult and complex games. It is the moment you master the gameplay mechanics of whatever it is you're playing. It is that one fraction of a second that brings you the whole understanding of what's going on. And I'm not talking about becoming an awesome player or having amazing skill in a particular title. Even after that, you still lose, you still fail and, above all, you still learn. I'm talking about that one single spark that lights it all, that thin line that separates the "can I really finish Dark Souls?" and the "bring it on, Ornstein!" mindset. That priceless consciousness that whatever challenge put before you, it will be overcome. The moment you stop fearing for your life and start being sorry for the enemies. Not because you built yourself an overpowered character and your foes are way below your league, but because you have given yourself the tools to succeed even in the direst of the unforeseeable situations. And in the end, every time you load your game, you can feel again that fraction of second, lasting forever.

Mine will be completing NFS Most Wanted...It was the fist game I completed. You know every blacklist had a good point but this guy razor was good at everything!(a had a mini heart attack) Well somehow I beat him quite well and this clip started playing and I was REALLY proud of myself and all...But suddenly Razor dosen't act too nicely and Mia turns out to be a cop (Previously there were many hints about it) but a good cop and gives me the M3(<-Oh! my love) and the level 6 pusuit begins(at that time I did not know there was a 7 level). in the beginning somehow I easily beat Cross by taking a very sharp turn and he dosent find me later and the I was nearly caught three times but I escaped and Hurray I jumped the bridge and game complete!

I totally remember the credits being displayed...
The same with GTA III and GTA SA...

Minecraft (PC)- I had some creepers that I had trapped underground, and when someone I had banned came back on the server, I opened the creeper pit while he was on it, then closed it back up. He was killed and I was happy!

Jedi Knight 3 (PC) (like post if you play this too)- I was on the Yalara mission and I had changed my model to Kyle Katarn. Then I used the "setforceall 4" cheat, giving me the highest force powers. I kept using mind-trick on the cultists and made them run up to the top of the tower. I had a group of six, and I went to the top of the tower to fight them. It was crowded up there, and one of the reborns accidentally killed one of the cultists. They turned on him and killed each other over it. I was never even hurt in the battle.

Halo ODST (Xbox 360)- I was playing "king of the hill" mode with a couple of pals, and they both went running for the hill at the same time. I was hiding on a balcony, and I sniped them both. Then I tore like hell to the hill, and ended up winning.

Left 4 Dead 2 (Xbox 360)- I was playing as Nick in the hotel with my brother (who was Rochelle [for some reason). He got trapped by the soda machine that was one fire, and he kept telling me to help him. I didn't feel like dying, so I just waited as a charger went at him. My brother ended up dying and was really cheesed off. He got back at me when we were by the windows. Somehow he got a propane tank and he threw it at me. I fell of the edge, and instead of helping me up, he took the shotgun and killed me while I was hanging there. It wasn't really a good gaming moment, but it was hilarious.

Red Dead Redemption.

I spent hours playing this with my son, taking it in turns to do missions. You are supposed to break horses and upgrade them over time. My son got bored of this and decided to steal a mule off a Mexican. He named it Bum and we trotted about the place for ages (I mean days' worth of play), slow as you like and looking ridiculous. I'd been very proud of our stable of fine horses but even I became fond of Bum.

Then we were at some big shootout (can't remember which), we dismounted from Bum to do the mission, then when we came back he was gone. We believe Bum was caught in the crossfire and shot. My son actually cried.

That was months ago and we still reminisce fondly about our crappy old mule.

Red Dead Redemption.

I spent hours playing this with my son, taking it in turns to do missions. You are supposed to break horses and upgrade them over time. My son got bored of this and decided to steal a mule off a Mexican. He named it Bum and we trotted about the place for ages (I mean days' worth of play), slow as you like and looking ridiculous. I'd been very proud of our stable of fine horses but even I became fond of Bum.

Then we were at some big shootout (can't remember which), we dismounted from Bum to do the mission, then when we came back he was gone. We believe Bum was caught in the crossfire and shot. My son actually cried.

That was months ago and we still reminisce fondly about our crappy old mule.

RDR is one of my top 5 favorite games of all time.

It's hard to find a game with as many "moments" as the Battlefield series. I had one of my most intense Battlefield 3 moments not to long ago...

Basically, my team made a huge come from behind victory in a conquest where we were at our last few reinforcements and the enemy team had about half of theirs. A friend of mine was in the game with me and recorded a bit of it on Youtube... for anyone who likes a good killing spree:
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXS7zVERNoo
Edit: I apologize for the "code" use^... it tried to automatically embed the video in the post and I didn't think that was ok.

Back