Details on Nvidia's GeForce GTX 750 Ti, GTX 750 cards leak

Scorpus

Staff member

New information has leaked online relating to Nvidia's upcoming GeForce GTX 750 Ti and GTX 750 graphics cards, which are set to add to the exisiting high-end products in the GTX 700 series. Both mid-range cards have been pictured by UK Gaming Computers, alongside GPU-Z screenshots showing some specifications to expect.

Both cards shown are compact, barely longer than a PCIe slot, and come with DVI, HDMI and VGA ports. The screenshots also reveal that both cards use a 28nm GM107 GPU, which is expected to be the first implemenation of Nvidia's 'Maxwell' architecture: the M in GM107 likely indicates a Maxwell part, like how K in GK107 indicates Kepler. This also corroborates with a previous report that pegged the GTX 750 Ti as the first Maxwell-based graphics card.

According to UK Gaming Computers' information, the GTX 750 Ti features 960 CUDA cores, 80 TMUs and 16 ROPs, plus 2 GB of 5.50 GHz (effective) GDDR5 memory on a 128-bit bus. The GTX 750 comes with 768 CUDA cores, 64 TMUs and 16 ROPs, plus just 1 GB of 5.10 GHz (effective) GDDR5 on a 128-bit bus. Both cards have the same core clock speed, 1085 MHz, and boost clock speed, 1163 MHz.

The Maxwell architecture is said to focus on power optimization, and both the GTX 750 Ti and GTX 750 don't require external PCIe power sources, meaning they can only draw up to 75 W through the PCIe bus. The cards are set to be officially released in mid-February, and no pricing information has been revealed at this stage.

Permalink to story.

I wonder how these perform against a comparable kepler based card...
You can already assume its going to be lower than a GTX 760 just based on numbers alone. It will probably run somewhere around a GTX 660-GTX 660ti based on the fact its got the same Cuda count as a 660 and the core clocks are higher.

It seems almost so late to release a 750 at this point I wonder why they just didn't go ahead and wait to release a whole new series of cards. Then again field testing is always a good thing which is kinda the point of them releasing a Maxwell based card in the 7XX series.

Hmm, for the results of these cards are not far bad, compare to the cards they are replacing. Reason being is it require no more than a PCI-E slot to run them. Handy, if your limited on space and PSU output for a Small Form Factor system.

Only the price is remaining to give the final decision to the consumer.

LOL I love how its secret. Lets see its a 750 or 750ti it will out perform a 780ti lol. As far as pricing goes I am gonna venture out here and says its less than a760. This could just be a lucky guess though.

The power consumption would be a selling point to me. I would save on having to purchase a higher wattage PSU.

You can already assume its going to be lower than a GTX 760 just based on numbers alone. It will probably run somewhere around a GTX 660-GTX 660ti based on the fact its got the same Cuda count as a 660 and the core clocks are higher.

It seems almost so late to release a 750 at this point I wonder why they just didn't go ahead and wait to release a whole new series of cards. Then again field testing is always a good thing which is kinda the point of them releasing a Maxwell based card in the 7XX series.

I was thinking more along the lines of a Maxwell vs Kepler core for core clock for clock comparison... More interested in the efficiency of the architecture than this card as its way too far down the stack.

I wonder how these perform against a comparable kepler based card...
You're basically looking at near-identical performance to the GTX 650 Ti Boost with a smaller power budget.
82a.jpg

Looks like a winner in the mobile sector and maybe steam boxes, if not desktop. A fully enabled GM107 is on par with a GTX 680M while using a third less power. Not a bad pipecleaner for the revised architecture given it remains on the 28nm process node.

Back