Detection of a new CPU fan

Hello! I have a Gateway GT4224m, since I got it the fan was really noisy and used to burst and stop completely.

Asked support and they said it was ok, so, got used to the huge noise and bursts every 15-20 seconds.

Anyway, the fan was detected by speedfan and lavalys Everest program. Now, the fan is dead and i replaced it with a CoolerMaster Blade Master 80.

The fan is running smoothly no big busts, but now that i tried to check speedfan and Everest, the fan is not detected at all.

Did i do something wrong replacing it? Or do i need to install some sort of driver for the cpu fan to be recognized?

There is no error messages so far. And temperature fell down from 70°C to 34°, before it used to be 41" with the noisy fan.

Thanks!

Did you plug the new fan into the same fan header as the old one? Is it plugged into the motherboard?

Lots of fans cannot be detected... they have to be of a certain design. If you change to a fan of the same make as oriiginal or one specifically recommended, it will likely work with Speedfan.

Changed coolermaster for another coolermaster, but speedfan can't recognize it as before.

There is nothing to be done with this?

I'm not sure if will make a difference but try using a fan designed as a CPU fan rather than a case fan.

Could this be a motherboard issue?

When my CPU works at 100% the temperature goes up to 68° and the fan doesn't burst any more.

If you haven't already, take a look at the BIOS settings for the CPU fan if the Gateway BIOS has such a thing.

I checked BIOS before taking it to the IT guy, to be honest, never thought they'd mess with that just to check it.

I enabled the fan detection on the BIOS, Speedfan still can't find it, Everest was able to... guess i have to test if it bursts again while working at 100%.

Thanks mailpup

Back