Device driver problems? frequent crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I recently bought a second hand pc and have been having numerous problems with drivers crashing etc. I think the problems stem from both video and sound card drivers. Im pulling my hair out here, any help would be greatly appreciated (i dont need to lose anymore... :( ).

heres my event log from my most recent episode:

Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 8054a8d1, parameter3 f85f48ac, parameter4 00000000.

You should start by updating all your mobo drivers, so if the video and sound is the problem, an update will probably fix it.

Sorry I should have mentioned... I am using a radeon 9600 pro. Not the onboard video. updated the sound drivers and the video drivers. Still have problems, sometimes it reboots some times it crashes to desktop.

Sounds like a hardware issue. you might tr running Memtest on your ram. also what OS are you running, XP?

If you have the XP Cd you can also try running System File Checker. witht he XP disk in the drive open a command prompt and type sfc /scannow this will run system file checker and replace any damaged or missing system files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back