Did I buy the wrong GPU?

Coldflood

Bought a 570 Gtx by EVGA to replace my 9800 GT, But it seems to me like its having more problems and is slower than before but it does kinda run games like warhamer 40k that i couldn't run its just not what was promised with horrible framerates. I can't even play WoW without framerate spikes in the starter zone.

Idk how to check whether or not my pci- e is 1.0 or 2.0 also i checked dxdiag and it says 16x lanes but i'm still unsure heres my system info.

Try and set up your thread giving us the information as a list;

1. Acer f672cr
2. Graphic interface - PCIe
3. Memory -DDR2 4096
4. CPU - Intel Pentium D 925
5. CPU Speed - 3000.0 MHZ
6. Power Supply Make/Model -Thermaltake/ Black Widow
7. Watt output/Amperage 850

5. Country- USA

I think it could be a bottleneck. Did you install the card, or did you have it installed by someone else?

Go download Speccy, or everest to see if you have the correct GPU if that is what you are afraid of.

I meant drivers in general. Try installing an older driver. See if the bug persists. BTW, do you have the latest drivers installed?

all my drivers are up to date, Your telling me I should go back to an older one? ...

Update:

Tried installing a 270. driver im running on 280.XX didn't work

You have to remove the driver first. Download Driver Sweeper.

Check nVidia and then let it analyse. Then remove the drivers, make sure you have some drivers handy. Then restart PC, install drivers and see result.

Also, you might want to upgrade your RAM and motherboard and maybe the CPU too, so that there is no bottleneck.

im pretty ignorant when it comes to mobo's and cpu's, could i get away with just upgrading my pentium D therefore undoing the "bottleneck" and have all the performance I was promised?

Pentium D is pretty old there bud. My 4 year old daughter complained when I gave her an old Pentium D 2.8 - I ended up having to upgrade her to a Q6600 before she stopped complaining, and that was 2 computers and 2 years ago.

is anyone going to answer my question besides telling me that my components are old? or could someone at least point me in the direction where I can find upgrade that won't cost me too much?

What was your question? Did you buy the wrong GPU? For your computer, yes, but it's not a bad GPU. Pretty quick actually.
BTW I suspect there are no driver issues or whatever.
Did you want to upgrade your CPU then? If so, pick a budget.

idk hopefully around $150 with two pci-e slots, sata slots, the motherboard has to fit my current standard acer tower though, also need mechanical hard drive slots what are those called IDE/PATA's?
http://etopshop.co.uk/images/pc_access/M1610.jpg you can click the url thats my exact tower m1610. Also, I need a bios that i can overclock with, idk how that works but doesn't the chip come with it since thats where it boots from idk.

I think my original question was how do find out my pci-e version 2.0 vs 1.0 i have that cpu-z and speecy program along with this shark program but they dont tell me.. unless Im dumb and can't find it.

I see you were on another forum were a guy said that a 6790 wouldn't even run at it's full potential so how do you think a gtx 570 is going to run better.
He has the same motherboard as you.
As just about everyone has said you will need to upgrade too get the full potential of the card.

lol why dont you look at the dates I obviously posted that after I had that card which was yesterday since im now in panic mode

besides my cpu runs at twice the speed as his

It is very obvious that it's your CPU.
There is no point in bothering with drivers or whatever ect...above, nor worrying about PCI-E speed.
You're asking too much for $150, there's no point in looking for two PCI-E slots, since you should focus your money on a CPU rather than another graphics card.
IMO the best thin you can do is upgrade to an E2xxx, or better if possible, but I'm unsure if your motherboard will support anything better.

besides my cpu runs at twice the speed as his
Actually, not quite.

Next time, stop by here for a bit before you follow the buy first, think later strategy :)

Its true, thats a bad@$$ videocard with a crap @$$ cpu
Couldn't have said it better myself.

The CPU needs an upgrade. In another thread you said you would like to get a new GPU within 40 USD, if I remember correctly. I would spare money for a new CPU and/or RAM, motherboard.

A CPU would have to be LGA775 socket compatible. Look through these CPUs. They all support LGA775 and have a 45 nm architecture. They are all dual-core.

Back