Differences in "Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming" motherboards

Navin Talati

Recently Asus has updated B450 version motherboards. In ROG models "Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming" motherboard is existing. Now recently they have launched its Gaming-2 version under name "Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming II" motherboard.
I referred the website and specifications but could not be able to conclude any more beneficial change except some components robustness, heatsinks' additions. Though this may be due to lacking of knowledge ( - as I am a non-comuter person)
Can some one enlist the comparative characteristics of both the motherboard?
And give some conclusive verdicts which is better one.
Still price is not available - to the best of my knowledge.
Regards to all.
Navin Talati / 05-11-2020

You can see the differences in this link:

The updated version supports higher system RAM clocks, very slightly better USB port specs, and a few other little features. On Amazon UK, the first version is £100 and the II version is listed at £109.64 plus £8.84 delivery (although it's not in stock yet).

If you're not into using very high speed RAM kits or you're not worried about having a Type C USB port on the motherboard, then the first version would do fine.

Sir,

Thanks for the reply.
In the PCQUEST (https://www.pcquest.com/asus-releases-b450-ii-motherboards-rog-strix-tuf-gaming-prime/) I read a comment as under:

“….While this board doesn’t include built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, we do include a handy E-key M.2 socket for an easy Wi-Fi 6 networking upgrade….”

I understand that the board has no direct Wi-Fi facility but it can be added by using some handy E-KEY at some M.2 socket and can create the Wi-Fi facility. If my understanding is true, what is that “E-KEY” ? Can you throw some light on this device and give me some link to understand in detail?

Regards.

M.2 sockets have a little notch in them, known as 'keys' - these determine what type of card can be inserted. Read more here:

The Gaming II has three M.2 sockets: two are the classic M key ones for SSDs, the third is an E key type.

gaming2.jpg

I've highlighted where it is above. You'd plug something like the following into it:

These are typically used on laptops, rather than desktop PCs, and you get just buy the card itself - however, performance will be really poor without the antennae.

M.2 sockets have a little notch in them, known as 'keys' - these determine what type of card can be inserted. Read more here:

The Gaming II has three M.2 sockets: two are the classic M key ones for SSDs, the third is an E key type.

View attachment 87178

I've highlighted where it is above. You'd plug something like the following into it:

These are typically used on laptops, rather than desktop PCs, and you get just buy the card itself - however, performance will be really poor without the antennae.
Thanks Sir. You have nicely replied.
Regards.

I would like to continue further information regarding WARRANTY as under:

Friends,
Your guidance requested.
There, a New model "Asus ROG Strix B-450F Gaming II" motherboard is recently launched. This MoBo is not available in India. On Asus India web site its technical detail is given but resources are not mentioned. Dealers do not have any idea of it. Even many do not know of it too! There I do not see any email contact of direct to Asus.
Recently, the product is available on a Germany retailer "ComputerUniverse". They supply to India. I was thinking to resource the item from them. But on enquiring them about the WARRANTY, they mentioned as under:
".....The warranty will probably not be valid in India, as the units we offer are originally intended for Germany....."
I understand that a companies like Asus render their Warranty facility World-wide. Nevertheless to get confirmation before purchase is essential for me.
Can somebody help me how to get this confirmation and from where? Direct email of Asus is not available to me.
Your feedback on the matter will be appreciated.
Regards.
Navin Talati / 30-11-2020

This appears to be Asus' warranty terms and conditions, regarding international support:
10. International Warranty and Support
This Warranty applies in the country of purchase. Additionally this Warranty entitles You during the Warranty Period to international ASUS warranty service in Europe, North America (USA, Canada and Mexico), Asia, Republic of South Africa and Australia/Oceania, subject to the following additional restrictions:

• Service procedures may vary by country.
  • Some service and/or spare parts may not be available in all countries.
  • Localized spare parts (such as keyboard/ keymats) may be replaced with the version available in the country where the repair is requested.
  • Some countries may have fees and restrictions that apply at the time of service.
  • Certain countries may require additional documentation, such as proof of purchase or proof of proper importation, prior to performing International Warranty and Support.

To enjoy comprehensive international warranty service, visit ASUS Service Center website at http://www.asus.com/support/contact-ASUS for detailed locations. ASUS reserves the right to interpret the provisions in this ASUS Warranty Information.

The information in this warranty card may change without prior notice. Please visit the ASUS Support site at http://www.asus.com/support for current and complete ASUS warranty information.
I think the last bullet point is the most important one here: as long as you can prove that it has been bought from a legitimate source and all due fees for importation, etc have been cleared, then it would seem that Asus would honour the warranty on the product.

Back