Difficult networking problem - can't ping to outside properly and ftp won't work

My home Desktop and Laptop PC's and network and the internet work just fine. I have an Arri Cable Modem from Spectrum (TWcable) that feeds into a ASUS RT-N66R Router which is setup as a router. I have another TPLink router at the other end of the house that acts as a wireless access point.

Everything works great on my desktop and my laptop PC's with the network and internet.

My problem is that I cannot use FileZilla to ftp files to my websites that I run. Nor any other ftp facility.
I also cannot ping to an external site outside my own network.

I did some research and have tried many things.

My router setting for IPv6 was set to disable. I enabled that and now I can ping google.com = which is very weird since I cannot ping 8.8.8.8 which is Google.com

I cannot ping kerryv.com or raparamount.com or 192.185.108.214 which is the IP address that the Web Hosting firm uses for my website.

ftp still will not work either

I cannot ping kodak.com but I can ping facebook.com

I can ping cisco.com but not espn.com
I can access any internet webpage from my browser - IE or Chrome.

I am totally frustrated and need some advice.
Can anyone help me ?

I worked with Spectrum (time warner cable) and they reset the cable modem back to the factory defaults and it seemed to resolve the issues.

With this setup:
  • isp==modem---primary-router---access-point - - - wifi devices
ftp to/from the access point will be difficult as when wired primary-router(lan slot) --- (wan slot)-access point
you will have the access-point on it's own subnet. While can send outbound, nothing will route inbound.

Do you need ftp in/out from the access-point?

Back