Direct X

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubble

Hi guys I have an ATI Radeon 2600 HD pro video card, i bought like 5 months ago. I have always thought that it worked great, but now i dont think it is. The video card is supposed to come with direct x10, but I dont think the directx is working, or working the way it should be. I know its been a long time, but I dont think my video card is working its full potential. When i tried fixing it, I noticed that there is also a yellow sign with this in it ! , it was right next to the Multemedia Video (I think thats what it was) Controller. So i thought that might have something to do with the direct x. Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated.

My computer is a Sony Vaio. 1gb of RAM, Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHz 2.99 GHz, its a 32 bit. Video card I have bought is an ATI Radeon 2600 HD pro series. The sound card I have bought is Creative XB Z-Fi.

You have bought a vid card that, by your description, will support DX10.

That does NOT mean that your computer system supports DX10.

Do some research!!!!

DX10 is supported only in Vista! If you do not have Windows Vista than you will not get the DX10 your card supports out of games and such. I am not sure if the card you bought will 'just' switch to DX9 especially since you are getting the yellow ! sign..(that means hardware error). You should also make sure that your PSU (or battery) has enough wattage to power the card, especially out of a Pentium....

Look up some more details on your hardware the answer should be somewhere.

Sorrry man got mixed up in my response read it too fast..I mean to say that you need a video card that is vista DX10 compatable...which after I looked up your video card it does support DX10.

Make sure that your system requirements allow that card to run, Vista is not the only thing you need to access DX10.
i.e. enough power to the card

A yellow symbol next to a hardware item in the Device Manager usually means you have a driver problem. Have you installed a recent Radeon driver?

Please generate a DirectX report. That should help us understand what's going on

click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button
In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the reports. (If you don't see icon you may need to first cick Advanced Reply)

You have to install the drivers for your card. Look through the manufacture's website and look for the specific driver to download and install. Its good to keep all your hardware up to date...this could be one of the reasons your DX10 is not functioning properly.

for some reason it says that that Run program says that its either been eraser, moved, or renamed, soo I cant access it.

And i have this thing called Driver Scanner and it updated all my drivers.

nooo I press Start, then in the search box i type "Run" and when it does show, I click on it and it says "The item you have selected in unavailable. It might have been either renamed, erased, or moved. Do you want to keep it on the list?" thats what it says when I click on that program Run

nooo I press Start, then in the search box i type "Run"

nooo ;)
Click Start. Then click on the word Run that appears towards the end of the Vista commands that appear in that vertical column (which includes Control Panel, for example). THEN you get a box where you type in the word dxdiag

its still not there, sorry for the really late response school and work has been keeping me busy. Thanks for the help guys.

OK.

Make certain you're doing things as noted below. DirectX should be on Vista but if not click here to download

1. Type dxdiag into the Instant Search box (near bottom of window)
2. Once you do, you should see dxdiag.exe appear under Programs (near top of window)
3. Click on dxdiag.exe in Programs

/*********EDIT********/
See attachment for image. For some reason, I couldn't get the darn url to upload
AND if you're still having problems you should [post=678599]click here[/post] and look at instructions to install Everest Home and generate a report as we'll need better details of what's inside your machine

It says that i have a lot of things that are not signed by Microsoft, what do i do to fix that?

Reinstall Vista fresh. Of course, you would have to have a Vista install disc and you will have to install all the Vista updates including Service Pack 1

It says that i have a lot of things that are not signed by Microsoft, what do i do to fix that?
True or False?: That means you actually did manage to run the dxdiag utility this time?

And if true, i'd really like to see the dxdiag report to see just what your situation is.
1. Run dxdiag again
2. Notice progress in lower left window corner
3. When done (may take up to 15-30 seconds) click Save Information button
4. Save the report as a file on your desktop
5. You need to attach the report to a TechSpot post. In TechSpot when you create your next post, use the paper clip icon to attach the reports. The paper clip icon should appear with other icons above the message input area. If you don't see the icon you may need to first cick Advanced Reply button that appears at the bottom of message input area

Thanks. And I think that answers many questions.

You have a Sony PCV-RS620G computer. It's running Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 1.

But you must have installed Vista yourself because your big problem is this computer doesn't support Vista. Sony offers no Vista drivers for that computer's motherboard chipset. I looked at Intel (who makes the chipset). They don't provide any Vista drivers either.

Your only choices:
- Get a new computer so you have the hardware and drivers to support DirectX10 and your video card
- Reinstall XP on that computer and use DirectX 9. At least w/XP things should work. No support or guarantees running vista (other then DirectX 10 will never work on that system)

Yes. You won't be able to use DirectX10 with that nice video card - but at least your computer should be stable as you can be sure to load all the XP drivers for the computer.

If continued with Vista as now
- Frankly, i'm surprised you don't have all kinds of problems (or do you?) since i didn't see anyone provide Vista drivers for that computer
- Plus, you'll still never get DirectX10 to work on that computer as there are no drivers for Vista. Having ANYTHING work will be pure luck.

And then start saving for a new computer ;)

welll The only problem with my computer is that it takes a loong time to startup, and this is the other problem. Well OK i think i might install XP, buut you see the problem is that, I cant find my disc that came with my computer, that is why when I erased everything from my computer, and I couldnt find the SOny XP disc that came with my computer, I instead bought Vista. So If I want XP on my computer I have to buy an XP disc at like Best Buy or something? If so how would I install it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back