Disk Boot Failure, Inserted System Disk, able to load fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently tried to install a new graphics card on my machine. I'm running Windows XP and am upgrading from an Nvidia 7600 to an 8800 GT.

Put the new card in, hooked it all up, powered on.

Got past a few screens, then got, "Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter"

Distressed, I powered down and put the old graphics card back in. Powered on, got the same error.

I then put the Windows XP CD in and pressed enter, and it went through and loaded up Windows just fine. All directories still there, able to see the windows dir just fine. It all looks as though nothing is wrong whatsoever. I removed the CD, messed around a little bit more, restarted again, and got to the same error.

This time I tried running the disk setup to repair the installation, but got the same error.

I've also been through the box unplugging and replugging everything back in, and I'm fairly sure it's all back in place.

Most of the errors I've seen with 'Disk Boot Failure' seemed to indicate horrible irrecoverable things, but as long as I put the system disk in, everything seems hunky dorey.

No floppy disk in there, and the hard drive is higher in boot priority than the cd drive.

Any ideas?

On ATA HardDrives confirm the main HardDrive is connected to IDE0 on the Motherboard, and set to CS

Also try unplugging the IDE1 (the CD/DVD Drive data cable) fully, this may be a drive data cable issue.

You have posted twice now on old threads
This thread is 3 months old
The other one was 2007

And I'm not sure on that name ?

Huh !
I just read your Introduce post :confused:

Here's your best option

Remove all your posts immediately (Edit; select all; remove)

I don't think you have much more hope than that!
Doing this, Mods might save you (doubtful) but possible !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back