Disk boot failure

Hello,
I recently installed a Radeon HD 5770 in my computer. After I did this, i fried my power supply. So I went and got a new one. Now after I changed my psu whenever I try starting my computer it comes up with a Disk Boot Error, please insert disk... I am trying to find out what would cause this issue. I plugged everything in just as it was in my old PSU, but there was 1 plug I had (a 3 prong plug) that connected to my motherboard thatI dont have on my new psu.

Also, if anyone can help me with this, the thickest plug drom your psu, the one that plugs into your mother board. My new psu has 4 pin wire I can chose to use to make this large plug even larger. My last psu didnt have this option, should I not plug it in?

Any info would be great, thanks in advance.

I dont think the disk boot error has anything to do with my hard drives, I had removed them both and still had the same errer. But when I remove the hard drive from my other computer it says "Unable to detect hard drive".

But also when I tried repairing windows it did not detect a installed version of windows, and it only detected one of my 2 hard drives. I am currently installing windows on my slave drive (the only one it detects)... Could this mean that my master hard drive is fried?

Also, the wire I have connected to my main drive has 3 connectors on it, all the connectors look the same but there is one at the beginning of the wire, middle, and end. Now, there are 2 of these types of wires comeing out of my PSU. Could it matter which plug I use?

but there was 1 plug I had (a 3 prong plug) that connected to my motherboard thatI dont have on my new psu.
What computer and/or motherboard do you have?
My new psu has 4 pin wire I can chose to use to make this large plug even larger. My last psu didnt have this option, should I not plug it in?
This is to accommodate motherboards that have either a 20 pin or 24 pin power connector. Use whatever your motherboard has.
Also, the wire I have connected to my main drive has 3 connectors on it, all the connectors look the same but there is one at the beginning of the wire, middle, and end. Now, there are 2 of these types of wires comeing out of my PSU. Could it matter which plug I use?
It seems to me you are confusing the IDE data cable with the power cables from the PSU unless I misunderstood you. What is confusing me is your reference to two of these coming from the PSU. I would expect only one. What PSU did you get?

Back