Disk drive cover snapped off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoon Head

Alright, ive been carrying my laptop in my bag when im going places.
I just pulled it out and realized the cover of my disk tray had snapped off.
the drive would still open and close if i pressed in the right place.

the drive would not show up in windows explorer either.

I then snapped the cover back on and restarted the laptop. the behaviour remaind the same though.

Whats the quickest solution? i really need this fixing as quick as possible.

As far as i can tell there is no 'fix' because there are alot of things that may have happened. If it is not noticable in Windows than something else could have happened to the drive when the cover came off...especially since its a laptop.

I would replace the drive altogether. They aren't that expensive really. Then, if the new DVD drive is not noticable in windows, it is an internal problem with the connection to the drive.

disk drives are cheap, just replace it. Take the old part to an electronics recycler. Don't throw it in the trash. It's illegal in many places and electronics have hazardous components.

Yeahh i just got it replaced at a pc repair shop because it was supposedly too complicated for me to do. It took them a whole week to order then right drive and then install it.

At first they told me that they tried to repair the existing drive but tat failed.

after intalling the new drive the problem still persist so i guess its internal like you say. Also it makes me wonder whether those fools at the repair shop even needed to replace the existing drive in the first place.

They said that reinstalling th operating system and installing the drivers would resolve the problem. Is that true? because it sounds like you guys disagree and im gonna take your word over theres.

If it is the internal problem is there any way to fix that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back