Disk drive/graphics card issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseM

Hey folks, I'll jump right into the issue.

A few months back my video card stopped working (see previous post) and I thought I could easily solve the problem by getting my hands on a new card. Well, I got a new card (Radeon X600pro 256 - old crap but it was free). I plugged it right in, and when I booted my computer up the screen was not responsive. I figured I should probably have installed the driver for the card first, so I rebooted my computer using the onboard graphics to do just that.

When I inserted the CD, I didn't get any response from the computer that I had put in a disk. I clicked on the drive in My Computer and it told me to insert a disk. I tried popping in a BF2 disk and the same thing happened. I checked to see if the drive was plugged in fully and it looks like it is to my knowledge. So what's wrong here?

In the meantime I'm downloading the ATI driver, but it would be nice to find out whats wrong with my CD drive.

Any ideas?

Go to Start->Run-> Devmgmt.msc
And click the + sign on your CD\DVD drive
Then right click on the drive, and remove it (delete\uninstall whatever the name)
Then restart, and allow Windows to automatically find and install the drive again

Then try the disc again
Or try another manufacture disc, to test it
Reply back :)

Thanks again, kimsland! I don't know why didn't try the device manager sooner, but that sure was the issue.

Thanks! Much appreciated!

Oh and BTW I got my card up and running again... YESSSSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back