Display Issues after boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

13ishop

When I turned my computer on it loaded windows with no problems. Then when my desktop came up the display crapped out and my monitor lost the signal. I reset my tower and the problem came back but, corrected right after. The graphics card, a GeForce 6800 XT 128 MB, worked fine for a while. Recently I have had fps issues when in somewhat newer games so I wasn't sure if that might be connected.

My specs are: MSI K8N Neo4 mobo, OCZ 520w ModStream ATX 2.0 psu, AMD Athlon 64 4000+ cpu, OCZ 400 two 1GB sticks of memory, Diamond 7.1/24 bit sound card and the previously mentioned gfx card

Thanks for any help

It could be overheating issues with the graphics card. Is the fan on the card going strong? Is it clogged with dust? At this point the damage might have been done and it's terminal.

This card does not have an on-board fan and thats what I'm unsure of if it is indeed the gfx card and not another problem.

rule out the graphics card by using the on board port on the main board. If it is Graphics card then The mainboard port should work

Well the gfx card still works but, there have been problems like this and I was unsure of how exactly to proceed. I am generally uninformed with these problems at the moment. I was going to hook up the monitor to the mobo if that's what you meant.

Hmmm. I have that motherboard in an older PC but it doesn't have onboard graphics.

No it does not have onboard gfx. Also, I was struck with temporary down syndrome because the card has a fan that stopped workin due to obstruction. So I am pretty sure that it has overheated and I thank you for any comments. There is one thing that would help and that's for one of u guys with more knowledge than I to tell me if anything besides the gfx card could have a problem because the card overheated or anything else. fyi The fan works again but not well and due to performance decline I think the card it damaged.

I'm a little confused because I think earlier you said this card doesn't have a fan. Anyway, if the fan stopped for awhile and the card overheated, there is a good chance the problems are due to a damaged card.

Is it possible to try this card in another PC to test it? If it has the same problem in another PC, it would be safe to say the card is the problem.

I realize that faulty info was given and I apologize because, that was even worse on my end. I could try that in another tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back