Display problem with Compaq Presario v3239tu

napster8969

first please take a look at this video on the youtube which i took to show the problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaXr3y5c9… if u cant the access youtube then there is a picture of the laptop http://i54.tinypic.com/o5s082.jpg

anyone know how to fix it??? it was working untill i restarted the system and i have tried reinstalling the copy of windows 7 and bt no luck stilll bt it works fyn on the external screen if i connect it through the VGA port.... Bt the screen resolution stays 1024 x 768 cant change it to higher version at all..... Please some1 help me................... Laptop is Compaq Presario v3239tu model........

cant see the bios screen at all to get into that

i reinstalled the copy of windows 7 through the external screeen

The YouTube video is corrupt... It doesn't look like the HP support has a Windows 7 video driver for your model laptop. Did the laptop originally come with Vista installed or XP? If you have a Nvidia video chip, you might find a better driver there at the Nvidia support website

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaXr3y5c9b4 welll try this link i dnt knw the why the video didnt cum up at all..... it came with vista which was slowing down lyk hell... and also i just realised the battery also stopped charging and it wont charge at alll stuck 6%....

i can only seee the laptop screen working when it has loaded the windows and where i need to put my password but if i want to see the b4 logon screens then i have to use the external screen

You didn't answer my question about the video processor. Is it a Nvidia or Intel video processor? You can check for this in the device manager. How much memory is installed? I saw the YouTube video. Are you seeing only a partial screen after the log in? The video wasn't that clear

sorry yea it is intel video processor and it had 512mb and i added 1gb about 4 months ago well i can only see the screen on interior screen from the login screen... and after the log in i cant see the 1/4 of the screen at all. i will make another video and upload it again for you so u can have a clear a look

I can see the problem now. There are no Windows 7 drivers listed on the HP support website for your model laptop. It also looks like you might need a new battery too. Have you tried using Windows Update to see if it will find a better more compatible video driver available? You can try and remove the current display adapter in the device manager and restart. See if this helps

welll i have tried many times doing the windows update for many tyms it just wont pick the display driver in the list..... and i have tried removing the driver from the device manager and retsrated the system many tyms.... and stilll no luck

Windows 7 64-bit or 32-bit? You could try the Vista display driver... Search for a Windows 7 mobile Intel 945GM driver. Google is your friend

Sometimes you get lucky installing Windows 7 on older laptops or desktops. Looks like you will have to revert back to Vista 32-bit...

It should't be that slow unless you have driver or other hardware issues. Did this laptop have XP on it originally?

nope it was slow ever since i gt it 5 years ago lol so i removed the vista which came wid the laptop and installed the windows 7 and it was working fine for like 8/9 months nt the bloody screen became lyk disss\

so annnoying u knw

Did you try the Vista video driver for this Windows 7 install. You have funky spelling. Do you text a lot?

Back