Dll

circusboy01

This ones kind of different. I had a thing called spam fighter on my desktop. Don't know how I got it must have come with some thing else. Decided to remove it using Revo uninstaller.I used the moderate setting. After the initial remove there was left overs to remove by checking off little boxes.When checking the boxes I made sure not to check any boxes with dll,as I was told long ago to NEVER delete or remove a dll.
When I finished I opened up my recycle bin to check what was in it before I hit empty
There were some dll files. I tried to restore them, But since the spam fighter is gone there was no place to restore them to. I was afraid to just empty the recycle bin .So I made a new folder on my desktop,and dragged and dropped the dll files to it
Now I have a folder on my desktop with dll files .Like I said I'm afraid to delete them
Am I stuck with having a folder with dll files from now on? Thanks for any help and advice Ray
Just thought if I sent info on each dll would that help you to know what to do with them?

This ones kind of different. I had a thing called spam fighter on my desktop. Don't know how I got it must have come with some thing else. Decided to remove it using Revo uninstaller.I used the moderate setting. After the initial remove there was left overs to remove by checking off little boxes.When checking the boxes I made sure not to check any boxes with dll,as I was told long ago to NEVER delete or remove a dll.
When I finished I opened up my recycle bin to check what was in it before I hit empty
There were some dll files. I tried to restore them, But since the spam fighter is gone there was no place to restore them to. I was afraid to just empty the recycle bin .So I made a new folder on my desktop,and dragged and dropped the dll files to it
Now I have a folder on my desktop with dll files .Like I said I'm afraid to delete them
Am I stuck with having a folder with dll files from now on? Thanks for any help and advice Ray
Just thought if I sent info on each dll would that help you to know what to do with them?

IF those Dll files were BOLDED you can safely remove/delete them. I went thru the same thing using this tutorial http://www.cleartechinfo.com/Learn-How-To-Uninstall-Software-Windows-Revo-Uninstaller

IF those Dll files were BOLDED you can safely remove/delete them. I went thru the same thing using this tutorial http://www.cleartechinfo.com/Learn-How-To-Uninstall-Software-Windows-Revo-Uninstaller

I assume when you say Bolded you mean DLL. These are dll. But I was thinking. Iv'e
got them trapped in a desktop folder.So their not where their supposed to be, doing whatever their supposed to be doing. So it's basically the same as if they were deleted. So since my pc is working great it would probably be o.k. to delete them. Am I making any sense at all? Ray

I assume when you say Bolded you mean DLL. These are dll. But I was thinking. Iv'e
got them trapped in a desktop folder.So their not where their supposed to be, doing whatever their supposed to be doing. So it's basically the same as if they were deleted. So since my pc is working great it would probably be o.k. to delete them. Am I making any sense at all? Ray

Can you give a screen shot ?

<snip>But I was thinking. Iv'e
I'd say you're conclusion is correct (about those .dll's being "effectively" already deleted as no program currently still needing them would be looking in your desktop folder so would've complained). assuming you ran a program still on your machine that still needed them

Of course, as anything with computers, the only thing 100% for sure about computers is there "ain't nothin' " 100% for sure about computers! if you want to be paranoid, (and nothing wrong with that) you can hang on to the folder a bit and then go ahead and delete it

I'd say you're conclusion is correct (about those .dll's being "effectively" already deleted as no program currently still needing them would be looking in your desktop folder so would've complained). assuming you ran a program still on your machine that still needed them

Of course, as anything with computers, the only thing 100% for sure about computers is there "ain't nothin' " 100% for sure about computers! if you want to be paranoid, (and nothing wrong with that) you can hang on to the folder a bit and then go ahead and delete it

Thanks I guess I'll keep them for a few more days then delete them. If that turns out to be a bad idea, Iv'e brought my PC back to factory setting before. I can do it again
Ray

Back