Downgrade/driver issues

braydonzdaddy

I decided to downgrade my laptop after finding that none of my devices worked with windows 7. To avoid going back to vista, i installed windows xp pro x64. Now i have similar problems. I am unable to locate the drivers for my network card aswell as a few other things. The nic model number is 459339-001. Any help would be very much appreciated. I am currently using a friends USB wireless-N card.

In the next post is a picture of the device manager. Needed this "post #5" to be able to post it lol.

Screenshot1.jpg

Take a look at THIS thread i found

Many of the links in that thread are broken but i'll see what i can resolve from post #8 in that thread. (no guarantee we can find drivers for all devices but looks like someone did at least once in the past)

Try this for the chipset drivers

Ethernet driver
>> Look at post #8 in other thread for install instructions

I can look at others when i have the chance. Did you try Driver Identifier tool now that you're running XP? i gave you link in your W7 related thread

/* edit */
as to your audio: the other thread also talks about installing the microsoft UAA driver. fyi... you already have that one installed. We'll do your audio last.

Thanks Lookin, I forgot about driver identifier completely. I will give it a shot after i install the other two. Right now i do not have internet at home and all the wireless networks around me are secured so i'm downloading them on another computer then throwing it on my flash drive. I will update you as much as i can. Thank you again for all your help.

Ooops

yea, you'll need ethernet connection before you can use DriverIdentifier (fyi... it says it can work offline though i've never got it to work when i turned off my internet to try it that way)

Glad to try and help. maybe we'll have better luck with XP but don't know for sure... let;s hope!

ok so i did what you said and the chipset drivers worked i guess, but when i try to do the ethernet thing i get an error saying that it detected that it is not a windows 2000/xp OS which is not true.... lol then it has me reboot. IDK lol...

I just looked back at your 1st post and noticed you installed 64 bit XP. It may be a 32 vs 64 bit driver issue since you're running XP 64. IDK for sure...

Take a look at THIS XP 64 driver from nvidia. Check the product supported tab to see if your 630a is one of those on their list and you might try it too

ok i'll give that one a try. I installed 64bit xp because it came with 64bit vista so i assumed thats what i should continue to use.

After doing some searching online i found a program called driver max. It's working great so far but without paying for it i can only download 2 drivers per day. I got my wireless card working now thank god. Also installed the network bus emulator. Working on the rest tomorrow.

That's a great start.

1) With network connected, you can also try nvidia site and let them scan for your drivers. go to their site, under Download Drivers their option #2 lets nvidia scan your computer

2) You can also right click each device select Update Driver and let windows loook

3) i used to use drivermax too. (until they started charging ;) ) You can try DriverIdentifier too. It's also free and has no download limit. But whichever decide to use, try nvidia and windows update first. (you have several nvidia devices on your machine)

G'luck!

Back