Dreaded "Cannot connect to that network"

Just upgraded to W10 but now I can't connect to my home network. Ran diagnostic... nothing changed, reset modem also no joy, was my wireless network adapter improperly configured? Other computer on network works fine, and my laptop connects to other networks (public) just as before. I did the upgrade while connected to a network other than my home one. Can I restore back to W8.1 then reinstall the W10 upgrade while connected to my home network? Or was the W10 upgrade a one shot deal and now I would have to pay for the second install? If so then I need to figure out the connection issue. Have read about uninstalling the wireless network adapter and restarting the laptop and letting windows auto detect and reinstall the adapter but unsure. I know enough to be dangerous. Any other suggestions.

DO NOT Restore to win/8 . . . deal directly with the issue which is the loss of the driver or configuration - - verify / fix in that order.

Hey you try to install first network adptor driver for windows 10. Most of network provider update the driver for windows 10 so you can see manufacturer website and download latest wireless driver

DO NOT Restore to win/8 . . . deal directly with the issue which is the loss of the driver or configuration - - verify / fix in that order.
How do I verify what the issue is? The problem only appears on my home network with my newly updated dell inspiron 5548.

Hey you try to install first network adptor driver for windows 10. Most of network provider update the driver for windows 10 so you can see manufacturer website and download latest wireless driver
W10 works fine everywhere but at home. I'm guessing something is going there specifically WRT W10. Other computers/devices (W7 laptop, kindle) at home are not having an issue with the network there.

Back