Dropship PS2 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptitterington

Has anyone got this and does it get any better.
Ive completed the first few missions, but it is a bit pot luck wether your missiles actually hit home.

I'm now on the 3rd or 4th campaign and the missiles hitting home are because it is possible to avoid them. I can avoid missiles by changing direction rapidly and hitting afterburners. The enemy seems to do this sort of thing too. It does get better as you get combinations of flying a fighter to eliminate air forces then a dropship to supply ground troops, then taking out an enemy fleet.
There are also gunner missions where you control a gatling gun mounted on a dropship to take out cruise missile launchers, ground troops and other ground and air forces. There is nice variety between missions as you get further in. It also gets considerably harder. The mission I am on just now has me spending three quarters of the time trying to avoid missiles, take out SAMS, drop troops and shoot down helicopters/jets. Give it a bit more playing time. I think you will grow to love it. The only thing I don't like is the fact that by 2050 they seem to have done away with chaff and flack as methods of distracting missiles from homing in on you. Bit annoying having to weave about like a maniac to try and avoid missiles. :grinthumb

Thanks I will continue.

When eventually you complete a mission, is there anyway to stop the replay without losing the save?

Thanks

I have only watched part of one replay.
During which I pressed start and selected exit/end replay.
Didn't notice if I still got the option to save or not.
I haven't had to repeat a mission due to accidentally not having saved the completion of one.

During the 3rd mission, where you have to look after the lifters and shoot down the bad guys
You are told that some new air to air missiles are available and we should land and load up.
I have landed in each bay but not managed to get any,
I am wondering if this is why I am struggling to get many kills.

Apart from just being a bad pilot that is...:)

Green landing area

There should be a green landing area appears in your base once you have been informed that a new type of AAM is available.
Land there and they will be loaded onto your ship. Something to note is that they will replace your existing AAMs.
They tend to be more effective than the previous type of AAMs.
Hope this is of some help ;)

Well Ive found where to get the missiles but I just cant get through the mission.
I know its good value for money but Iwould like to get through to another mission.:confused:

And Esra I have burnout which I like.

By the way does anyone have the fast hover car game on the adverts?

It looks pretty good.

Wipeout Fusion....

Would this be what your referring to?
Wipeout is a classic series which started on the original playstation. Fast slick graphics and a nice learning curve to each progressively harder course and faster division of races have been the main content of the previous games. I have played Wipeout and Wip3out (Wipeout3) and enjoyed both. Tried a demo of Wipeout Fusion and it seems to be more of the same classic stuff. Maybe worth renting before buying though.

Yeah I think its wipeout fusion. Ill try to find a rental.

What I have been looking for is a flying game to rival the speed and control of the flying dream that I have so regularly that now I know that its not real and can control it until I annoyingly awake.

The super human dream is coming on leaps and bounds too.

Woaa they will one day make something close to the power of the mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back