Dual GTS 450 vs..

sprandel17

I am building a new PC and I am currently looking at the GeForce GTS 450 clocked to 850 to put in the computer. At this price, $109, I can afford to put two of them in this new computer. I would like to spend around $250 on video card(s), so would I be better off buying two of these cards or one of another card? Which would you suggest?

Kind of depends on what resolution you're currently running and what upgrade plans (higher res monitor) you have for down the road. A single GTX 470 is in the $250 range and might well handle your current requirements ... it's a pretty solid card.

i would get an amd 6870 vs the 2 gts 250s much better card and faster than thsoe two combined.

red don't you think one 6870 would be better than two of either of those cards? then later he can just throw in another for crossfire.

red don't you think one 6870 would be better than two of either of those cards? then later he can just throw in another for crossfire.
yep, just a few more options that are faster, with the 5xxx series on the way out, he might be able to score a great deal on them.

i really dont see any deals on the 5000 series so far when most 5850s are the same price as 6870s the 6870 imo is the best choice in this situation and for only around $239

Thanks for all the suggestions, but I'm really more of a Nvidia guy. Any opinions on Nvidia solutions? Should I just save up another $100 and get the 570?

lol ok well then save and get the gtx 570 amd cards are just as good and cheaper for the price vs performance.

Back