Dual video/audio switching

Intel Core i5 760 2.8GHz
Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3
G-Skill 4GB 2000MHz PC16000 DDR3 Trident CAS 9 Kit (2x 2GB)
Gigabyte GV N98TSL-1GI - Graphics adapter
OCZ 60GB Vertex Series SATA-II Solid State SSD 2.5" Drive
Samsung SATA II 2TB 3`.5"
LG Multiformat DVD RW
Dell 4:3 Ultrasharp 19" monitor (DVI from graphics card) + 2.1 Speakers (from mobo green audio jack)
Samsung 46" 16:9 TV (HDMI from graphics card) + 5.1 Amp and speakers (from mobo SPDIF)
Win 7 64bit

Hi folks,
Using the system above, with my PC and TV at opposite ends of the same large room, I have to switch over audio via realtek default device, and video via windows display settings (show desktop only on monitor 1 or 2) whenever I want to watch a downloaded film on the TV and then back to PC to make this post, write email or whatever.

My question is how do I do this wiathout the need to switch audio and video back and to.

One solution I am considering is to get a 16:9 monitor for the PC and use "duplicate displays" on windows display settings and 2. get a pci sound card to drIve my PC 2.1 speakers leaving the onboard Realtek audio set to digital output via SPDIF for the 5.1 Amp & TV setup.

I welcome comments on my idea as well as any other suggestions or ideas.

TIA,Chris.

i dont know about the audio part...google something like playing same audio on 2 different devices....but for video, u can use the EXTENDED desktop mode...then u can just drag and drop the video player onto the TV. and switching displays is pretty fast with windows 7, just hit WINDOWS KEY + P and a bunch of options will come up

not extended display

thanks for the response but using extded display gives me no control over the PC when I'm watching TV - I use a gyration air-mouse on both ATM
Chris.

when I select "Extend Displays" the desktop rmains on the PC. All I have on the TV is my desktop background pic. I might want to put my jukebox on after the film etc.

dude, in extended mode, its like having one really large (wide) monitor....by default the secondary screen is to the right side of the primary screen...in extended mode ,try to move ur mouse to the right of ur primary screen, then itll jump to the secondary screen(ur tv)...and just like that u can move anything to the second screen (video player, browser etc etc)

Back