DVD/CD player not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if anyone has any suggestions. My desktop Dell DVD/D player is working when I ru a diagnostic test but when I put a disc in the computer doesnt recognize it. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled multiple times without luck. I have tried every dell and microsft fix it I can find. wow am I frustrated.

Just so we don't suggest stuff that you've done already, what some of the fixes you've tried?

I did dell driver fix its and microsoft driver fix its. I also ran the full diagnostic on my computer and thats when it started running. when you place a dvd in it the light is green and flashes so I know it works it just doesnt start running and play what is on it. Hope tha helps. thanks

If it is an IDE drive, make sure the jumper is set to Cable Select for all drives on the same data cable.
...when I put a disc in the computer doesnt recognize it.
The DVD drive doesn't recognize the disk or the computer doesn't recognize the DVD drive? If the later have you tried deleting the upper and lower filters? If the former, are you sure the drive isn't just a CD drive? Some of these questions may seem dumb but I just want to make sure, that's all.

Now that you mention it the computer does say something about the IDE but can you tell me how do I make sure the jumper????(not sure what that is) is set appropriately. I believe the computer doesnt recognize the DVD because when I go into my computer the cd/dvd drive doesnt show up any longer. I would also need some help deleting upper and lower filters as im not familiar with that either. None are dumb questions as I am not knowledgable about computers at all. I would appreciate your continued help. Thanks a bunch

I was able to delete the upper and lower filters and now it works. Hurray you are the best. You gave me the answer in 5 minutes. I been playing around with the dell and microsoft fix it for a week. Thanks a ton. Now if I can figure out my other problem I will be in Heaven. Thanks again

Good work! You're very welcome.

Your other problem appears to be answered.

I didn't think of the sticky but now that you mention it, I have seen it. My answer would have been more complete if I had linked to it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back