DVD drive won't read any DVD

Hello every one i have dell studio 1558 from 2 days my dvd drive( TssTcrop DVD + TS-T633C ATA Device) is not reading any disc,i uninstall and re-install dvd drives but it did the same .so , i went in Microsoft web site to fix the problem but the problem remain the same. Any help will be appreciated.

If the drive just suddenly failed to read discs without you having done anything then it is very likely the drive has broken and a replacement will be required.

Have you tried it with both CD's and DVD's?

Have you tried running a laser cleaner disc?

Can you still hear the disc spinning when you push in the tray?

Same problem

I have this problem as well.

I have tried various solutions suggested in other threads, such as

- deleting upper and lower registry entrys

- unistalling the drive in Device Manager and allowing Windows to reinstall upon rebooting

- Replacing the DVD itself with a new unit.

In my case, yes the drive can be heard to be spinning and it appears in 'My Computer' however, when a disc is in the drive it will not be read, no auto-run and double clicking to open does nothing :(

Hello every one i have dell studio 1558 from 2 days my dvd drive( TssTcrop DVD + TS-T633C ATA Device) is not reading any disc,i uninstall and re-install dvd drives but it did the same .so , i went in Microsoft web site to fix the problem but the problem remain the same. Any help will be appreciated.

Maybe its a dead drive and not a Windows issue... You can verify this by sticking in a bootable dvd and setting your bios (or hitting whatever F button to get a boot menu at POST) to boot from the dvd drive.

BTW - does it have this problem with CDs? If so, then do the above. If it works with cds and not dvds, the laser for dvds is probably dead.

DespDan - I don't know on your problem, its not the drive obviously if a new drive also doesn't work. Perhaps its a cable issue?

@ OP - dinamike, are you running any applications such as DaemonTools or YASU or Alcohol 120? These programs install an SPTD driver that modifies the normal behavior of DVD drives sometimes..

Back