DVD Sound is scratchy and distorted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...
Its been about 3 days sence I have watched a DVD on my computer. Now when I put in a DvD the sound is all messed up. Winamp plays .avi .mwv files fine. I can listen to CDs on my DvD player just fine aswell.

I use PowerDvD, I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it.. same problem. I also get the problem in Windows Media Player. I have checked all the connection to the DvD player.. removed it and put it back in. I have checked for device conflicts with the Sound card and DVD player... all is "working" correctly.

The only thing I have done between viewings of DvDs is install and uninstall itunes and upgraded to the new version of quicktime...

Not sure what to try next....

See if in the options/advanced options of PowerDVD if there are any checkboxes for hardware video or audio acceleration. These can make the difference between smooth playback or stuttering/glitching audio.

I'd also make sure your video drivers are current, AGP is working properly (if an AGP video card) and you have the latest video drivers. In most cases, stuttering sound is due to the inability to sync audio since there isn't enough CPU resources to do this after video decode. If you can somehow reduce CPU load, this will usually clean-up audio problems.

Low memory conditions, trojans, spyware or incorrectly configured/too many systray applications can also do this. I'd try disabling any extra systray tools/utilities and messengers as well to make sure these aren't messing up dvd playback. The Task Manager should also be helpful for sorting by CPU utilization to see what might be taking up unnecessary CPU time, as well as inspecting how much available memory is free on your system prior to launching your DVD application.

I agree with Sharkfood. Also try using like a non-profit dvd player like VLC media player. Try ending process that are taking up memory "check out ending process by means of google" in the task manager. Also check out ---www.lost.eu/42bbb---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back