DVI not recognized after updating driver

Hi!

I have a problem with my graphics card. I use NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 which has 3 video input: VGA, DVI, and HDMI. I use two output displays for my monitor and my HDTV.

I used to connect my monitor via VGA cable and my HDTV via DVI to HDMI cable. I used DVI to HDMI cable for my HDTV because the HDMI input in my graphic cards didn't recognize whenever i want to connect with my HDTV.

However things changed when I updating my driver to version 285.62 recently (this is the first time I update since two years ago). Suddenly, the DVI input didn't connect to my HDTV but the HDMI input works fine!! So, I changed my HDTV input from DVI input to my HDMI.

My question is: How to use both the HDMI and DVI input altogether? Does anyone have ever experience the same thing?

Thanks in advance! Really appreciate your help

It might not be possible. From the specs I see on nvidia.com (http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_gts_250_us.html), the chipset supports 2 digital outputs. What they may have done on your card is set one output to be the VGA using some sort of digital to VGA bridge and then shared the HDMI and DVI outputs so you could only use one or the other. There may be a software setting somewhere to toggle which one but that I can't help with.

Back