E-Machine - Virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ola, I just bought a new pc from tigerdirect, and if I leave the machine on and come back to it the next day, I move the mouse/keyboard and nothing happens, the pc is still on, but I can't get the screen/pc to respond and I need to hold the power button in for 5 seconds and reboot. If I leave the pc on and come back a few hours later and move the mouse/keyboard it comes out of "Sleep" mode and no problem; the problem seems to occur after 24 hours or so. I don't think I have any malware/spyware/virus's according to programs I have downloaded. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated, thanks so much!

Make sure you have all the latest Windows Updates installed... Just because the computer is "new", this doesn't mean that Windows is fully updated

Contact TigerDirect about a return for replacement, after you have updated the drivers and downloads. That machine has been constant trouble, and TigerDirect knows about it.

ww151, you have posted in the Virus and Malwre Removal forum. I suggest you move to the Windows OS forum where there will be more help available for the system problem.

Yes Bobbye,
many posts here have more to do with hardware or software issues, rather than virus or malware issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back