EA Origin account hijacked

cliffordcooley

On two occasions my Origin account was compromised. On both occasions I was successful in resetting my password. The first occasion I changed my password, but that didn't stop them from getting access again. I think it was the security question that I never used give them a way back in. I think they set the security question, because I don't remember setting that up.

I've tried on two occasions to start correspondence with EA. The second time was Friday, so they may not have had time to reply back. Is there a proper email address that EA doesn't freely share? I'm growing tired of the cloak and dagger stance they seem to have setup for themselves. I'm in serious need of communicating with them to get this resolved. And I don't want to be forced into calling them, just to be put on hold for 3 hours.

I just received a response. I think it is from Friday's email. At least I finally heard from them and possibly on the road to recovery.

email
Dear Customer,

We have received your message regarding the action taken on your account.

EA's Terms of Service team are looking into this issue and will respond once the matter has been fully investigated according to our internal policies.

In order to thoroughly examine the matter there may be a delay in responding, however we will endeavour to provide you with a resolution in a timely manner.

Please note we are currently experiencing high volumes and this may result in a minimum delay of 72 hours. Please do not submit further appeals as this may reset your place in the queue. We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Yours sincerely,

EA Terms of Service

They mention waiting. Heck I waited a month or two since I tried contacting them the first time. That was back when I reset my password the first time.

I have a text authorization/verification on my Origin account. It's setup for a new computer and changing account info like passwords. The other day while I was at work, I got a text from the same number but it was in Russian. Of course I ignored it and changed my password when I got home. This is the first time I had it happen since I've used the text authorization/verification.

Yeah I will definitely be looking into better security with Origin. The help topics on their pages are full of people with hijacked accounts. From what I have seen they all have trouble getting help from EA. It's not as simple as starting a support ticket like you normally would elsewhere.

It's official! Since I refuse to give EA my phone number, they refuse to help me fix my compromised account. I have many ways to prove it is my account but they refuse to listen unless it is over a phone.

I just told the representative over on FB I would trouble them no more on the issue. I said the hacker can keep my account.

What are you afraid of ? EA already knows most of your details .. you are slavic male ,62 years old living in Ukraine, Donetsk, specificially ...

I never did get this resolved. And now I can no longer login to my Origin account. I've recently been locked out. I've reset my password twice and get the same login message afterward, about my login credentials being out of date. As it currently stands this potential customer will not buy anything from EA again. That could change, but I'm not calling them to get it done.

Have you tried using chat? I had an issue multiple times someone trying to log into my account. The 2 step verification kept it from being taken. I chatted with support, between sending me emails and texts, I was able to change my email and password. This was via chat and no phone call needed. Took about 10 - 15 minutes. Not sure what your issue is with EA having your cell # but all they've done is send me 2 step verification texts. 2 step is the way to go to negate these types of issues. Hate to say it, but if you don't provide them the info to help you use a tool that helps with this issue, it's kinda on you.

Well there are a lot of problems that occur day by day and since people working at EA are also humans so they need a decent amount of time to get things done.

Back