Spread the love! TechSpot Tech Gift Shortlist 2017

EA Origin account hijacked

By cliffordcooley ยท 7 replies
Oct 7, 2017
Post New Reply
  1. On two occasions my Origin account was compromised. On both occasions I was successful in resetting my password. The first occasion I changed my password, but that didn't stop them from getting access again. I think it was the security question that I never used give them a way back in. I think they set the security question, because I don't remember setting that up.

I've tried on two occasions to start correspondence with EA. The second time was Friday, so they may not have had time to reply back. Is there a proper email address that EA doesn't freely share? I'm growing tired of the cloak and dagger stance they seem to have setup for themselves. I'm in serious need of communicating with them to get this resolved. And I don't want to be forced into calling them, just to be put on hold for 3 hours.

2. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 887   +18

cliffordcooley likes this.
  3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Topic Starter Posts: 9,410   +3,425

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  4. cliffordcooley

I just received a response. I think it is from Friday's email. At least I finally heard from them and possibly on the road to recovery.

email
    They mention waiting. Heck I waited a month or two since I tried contacting them the first time. That was back when I reset my password the first time.

5. Kevin Schmidt

Kevin Schmidt TS Member Posts: 31   +8

I have a text authorization/verification on my Origin account. It's setup for a new computer and changing account info like passwords. The other day while I was at work, I got a text from the same number but it was in Russian. Of course I ignored it and changed my password when I got home. This is the first time I had it happen since I've used the text authorization/verification.

cliffordcooley likes this.
  6. cliffordcooley

Yeah I will definitely be looking into better security with Origin. The help topics on their pages are full of people with hijacked accounts. From what I have seen they all have trouble getting help from EA. It's not as simple as starting a support ticket like you normally would elsewhere.

7. cliffordcooley

https://www.facebook.com/EAHelpHub/posts/10155781516143147

I don't think I'm going to find a solution to this. Because I'm not calling them, just to get someone on the other end I can't understand. What is so difficult about email correspondence? Anything that can be said by phone can be said by email.

8. cliffordcooley

It's official! Since I refuse to give EA my phone number, they refuse to help me fix my compromised account. I have many ways to prove it is my account but they refuse to listen unless it is over a phone.

I just told the representative over on FB I would trouble them no more on the issue. I said the hacker can keep my account.