Emachine T5088 motherboard problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Emachine T5088 that screen went black! Swaped monitor, no signal! Replaced PSU with 500W, battery, HDD, and battery! Monitor lit and saw Emachine splash , but nothing else happened! Turned off and back on after 30 seconds while listening to HDD! It spun up but no attempt to boot! Not even the splash the second power up! Gues its the MBO...any suggestions on buying a replacement? Someone said a genuine exact replacement will circumvent buying a new OS!
Any Help will be greatly appreciated!
Jim G

Okay Jim,
yes, I was surprised at this deal too. I'm going to keep the link for my repair work

Hello everyone! I am back with the rest of the story! I installed an exact replacement MBO and CPU! Now the only "old part" is the cd player! The unit fired up and booted in safe mode! I was happy since the OS was intact and operational! Then screen went black! Figured HDD was bad so got a new one and installed! Fired up and stopped at the screen asking to choose boot options or bios options! Then screen went black, Monitor indicated no signal! After that, never got a signal to monitor! I am baffled! DidI fry the MBO or CPU? Any suggestions? I am having the exact same problem as when I started! Black screen! It doesnt make sense....does it to anyone out there?
Thanks
JimG

Installed the new supposedly exact MBO....same issue!

I purchased a new MBO and CPU combo, purportedly the exact replacement! Since I already have the new HDD, PSup, memory etc, Using the orig HDD, I fired it up! It booted in safe mode to the desktop! Then it stopped! Only message on the way up was it recognized that I had replaced the CMOS battery. It paused briefly and continued to a clean boot, or so i thought! I shut it down, tried to reboot, nothing....no splash, no monitor signal! This is the same action as the broken MBO/CPU that was replaced! There is no other old parts except DVD, which I disconnected and bootetd to no avail! Is it possible the MBO fried too? So far I have new MBO, CPU, Memory, Psup, power cable, USB mouse and Keyboard, which worked on first boot! I am baffled! Any suggestions other than buying a new PC?
Thanks
Jim

If you can get back into the BIOS, you need to adjust the settings to duplicate what the old motherboard's BIOS was set to. If you have SATA drives, for example, the original mode for the SATA controllers might have been set to AHCI/SATA or maybe IDE. Whatever it is set to now, set it the other way and see if Windows will start. If you are having trouble getting into the BIOS due to no start/blank screen, try removing the CMOS battery for a minute or so and replacing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back