EMachines w5233 Mobo/Harddrive Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read several posts here about eMachines mobo and how much they suck and all that... but, it's what I could afford and what I have to try and fix... so please bear with me as I can't just go out and buy another Non-eMachines computer.

A couple of months ago we had a lightning strike that fried all of our electronics connected to the cable and phone lines. My computer was affected... the USB ports are dead/not working, ethernet isn't working, audio ports aren't working but I can access all my content and even burn DVD's to save the content. I was told that the motherboard needs to be replaced (apparently you can't just replace usb ports and such, as they're part of the motherboard... which I didn't know)... at a cost that was more the the machines cost me to begin with. So, insurance paid out and I purchased the same machine.. the w5233. My question is... is it possible to take the hard drive from the fried machines and put it in the new one along side the one that's there... running 2 harddrives? (Please be nice... I'm totally computer stupid!) I don't want to overpay someone to do this, if it's possible to do, so on average... what would one pay for a job like this? I don't want to go in there completely without any knowledge, so I thought I would ask here.
Thanks for your time and expertise,
Kim

Yes it is possible to install two drives. Your old drive may even work on it's own. Since you know nothing about computer hardware have a computer savvy friend or co-worker do this for you

Good news for me... thanks! I'll see if I can get someone to help with the issue... most are as lost as me though, which is why I came here for info.

Sometimes, a neighbors teenager or young adult can do this sort of thing, unless you can find one of us "old" retired techs knocking around :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back