Enabling 3rd party cookies in Firefox

learninmypc

NORMALLY, I do not have 3rd party cookies enabled in ANY browser,but lately I have had to in order to d/l a movie from Youtube using Firefox, any ideas why it just started? TIA:confused:

NORMALLY, I do not have 3rd party cookies enabled in ANY browser,but lately I have had to in order to d/l a movie from Youtube using Firefox, any ideas why it just started? TIA:confused:

I guess I should of posted a screen shot, here is what I get in Firefox
Chase1c383cd30b7c298ab50293adfecb7b18.jpg

IF 3rd party cookies are NOT allowed.

This is not an answer to your question but a suggestion:

Enable your cookies:

DL and install CCleaner: At the Options tab select Cookies and select youtube.com to Cookies to keep. Regularly run CCleaner to clear your temps.

Also try to scan with an updated MBAM.

Did as you suggested. Although you didn't ask me to post my Mbam log,here it is.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.1.1800
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 7535

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

8/22/2011 9:39:42 AM
mbam-log-2011-08-22 (09-39-42).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 351490
Time elapsed: 2 hour(s), 6 minute(s), 53 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Your system is squeaky clean.

What specific apps are you using to download videos from youtube?

I use sothink and IDM with no problems.

Is your add-on updated? On what version of FF you first used Video DownloadHelper and what version of FF are you using now

I was curious so tried googling. Look at Release Notes for Download Helper

Don't know why it was needed but they implemented that change July 25, 2011. You can also try the latest version as WinXPert suggested

Implemented bug #354: Notify user about failed YouTube downloads because of cookies being disabled in Firefox.

Thanks for the info Sir

FYI I'm using ver 3.6 (Portable) and ver. 7 beta. Reason I'm still using and addon that is no longer supported starting ver 4. I use the latest version for normal browsing, and the Portable one when I need to use the addon,

I was curious so tried googling. Look at Release Notes for Download Helper

Don't know why it was needed but they implemented that change July 25, 2011. You can also try the latest version as WinXPert suggested

Yes,thank you. I don't normally look at the details, I just update & go.:rolleyes:
I've always been told not to enable 3rd party cookies which is why I hesitated doing such.

I do use Ccleaner regularly. I'm using the latest version of FF & keep my addons updated.

Clarification, the same addon in SeaMonkey has NOT been updated,yet. I just checked for updates,& none yet.

Back