Epson XP610 won't turn on after cleaning

So I removed and cleaned my print head, waited until it was completely dry, then reinstalled it. I let the printer do its thing and when it was done I ran a head cleaning and a nozzle check. The test page came out perfect. The printer then asked if I was done with my head cleaning and I pressed the confirm button and the printer shut off. It will not turn back on either. I tried messing with both the plug in the power strip and the end in the machine. I know the power strip works because my computer is on it and fine. When I press and hold the power button I can hear very faint beeps or.... they could be ticks- I cannot tell as they are really quiet. It reminds me of when the car's alternator is dead but the starter is trying as hard as it can.

Any ideas on why it would work just fine for 10 minutes and then crap out?

Do you have a Multimetre that you could test the cable with??

Just to ensure you are getting proper volts/amps (clean power). The only other recommendation I could make is try and unplug the printer.. Press and hold the power button for 15-30s, tap it a few more times for good measure, and then plug it back in and see what happens. Sometimes devices just need a good power drain.

I have the same exact problem. Removed the print head from my XP 610, cleaned it carefully with 90% isopropyl alcohol, let it dry several hours, put it back together, ran a cleaning cycle, printed (no ink running through yet) a half dozen prints, decided to let it sit a few minutes and it shut itself off. Now I can't start it back up no matter what. I assume it's toast and I need to shop for a new NOT EPSON printer unless there is a fix someone can help me with.

Like I mentioned in my above post to the original post, do you have a multimeter to test the power adapter? This will let you know if it's the printer in question or the power adapter that's broken.

From there we can take the extra steps needed, but there is no use wasting time tearing down a printer and checking things if the power adapters been damaged the whole time :)

Could be an unlucky coincidence or the printer could actually have a problem, do you remember disconnecting any cables of any type? Or removing a screw with a metal washer under it attached to a metal "string" ? (I don't know if many printers have these for grounding a component but figured I'd ask)

Like I mentioned in my above post to the original post, do you have a multimeter to test the power adapter? This will let you know if it's the printer in question or the power adapter that's broken.

From there we can take the extra steps needed, but there is no use wasting time tearing down a printer and checking things if the power adapters been damaged the whole time :)

Could be an unlucky coincidence or the printer could actually have a problem, do you remember disconnecting any cables of any type? Or removing a screw with a metal washer under it attached to a metal "string" ? (I don't know if many printers have these for grounding a component but figured I'd ask)

Yes, I have a multimeter. No cables were disconnected, it was a fairly simple operation. It ran several sheets through and did a couple cleanings in the 10-15 minutes it ran afterwards. It was actually sitting as I gave it a rest when it decided to go dark.

Can you disconnect the one end of the cord from the transformer (Like laptops?) Or is it all one piece? Either way, test the output power of the cable and see if it matches what it says on the bottom (The Voltages and Amps)

There is no transformer. The cord plugs directly into the printer the same way a cord plugs into the power supply on a computer. I just bought an HP OfficeJet 8610 to replace this and it uses the same type cord. I actually used the cord from the Epson rather than unpack the new cord. If it's a power supply it's internal in the Epson XP-610.

Yes it would have to be then. I should have looked up the model to be sure, my mistake. Those standard Power Cables rarely go bad anyhow. I assume the new printer is working nicely then ?

Yes it would have to be then. I should have looked up the model to be sure, my mistake. Those standard Power Cables rarely go bad anyhow. I assume the new printer is working nicely then ?

Yes, the HP is great and with all the great reviews I've seen I anticipate little trouble with it.
I'll never buy another Epson and after using Epson exclusively for over 15 years but seeing the reliability evaporate over the last 5 or 6 years that says a lot. Too bad it looks like this one is toast after only 1 year though.

Hm, that's strange. Epson use to be a great business model printer company, but I guess their home user base printers/support are lacking, that's unfortunate.

I have the same problem with my epson wf2540 I cleaned the print head with a solution for dry ink and then I dry the head print with hot air gun and I putted back in printer. after I connected and I put to clean head printer and after 3 seconds it turned off and now it doesnt turning on. I measured the power suply and it has 3 pin , in the middle is gnd and the other two I have 42.1v and another 41.2v .the power supply output is 42v and 500mA

I have the same problem with my epson wf2540 I cleaned the print head with a solution for dry ink and then I dry the head print with hot air gun and I putted back in printer. after I connected and I put to clean head printer and after 3 seconds it turned off and now

See what I highlighted, not suppose to use any type of heat to dry out any printer parts.
https://www.ldproducts.com/blog/how-to-clean-an-epson-printhead/
Check below the page to see how to clean it properly.
I suggest you call epson and see if they will sell you a new or refurbished printhead for you're printer.

1 (800) 463-7766

I have the same exact problem. Removed the print head from my XP 610, cleaned it carefully with 90% isopropyl alcohol, let it dry several hours, put it back together, ran a cleaning cycle, printed (no ink running through yet) a half dozen prints, decided to let it sit a few minutes and it shut itself off. Now I can't start it back up no matter what. I assume it's toast and I need to shop for a new NOT EPSON printer unless there is a fix someone can help me with.
I know this is an old OLD post. But I came across it in my searches I wanted to mention, should anyone else come across this & think its a good idea.

You should never use 90% isopropyl alcohol to clean your print heads, Never ever. You should mix 10mll isopropyl alcohol with 90mll distilled water, bottled water or deionised water. If you use anything stronger than 30% isopropyl alcohol it will dissolve the seals inside the printhead & it will leak out onto the electronic circuit board, at which point it will blow your printers board. It will also prevent any successful printing because the printhead will no longer be a air sealed unit so it won't be able to eject ink correctly.

I received a faulty printer for free to see if I can fix it. I discovered no power & I knew why, the printhead had been cleaned exactly the way I said not to & if you push through correct cleaning fluid. You will notice it's coming out of places it shouldn't, meaning the printheads now junk.

So far, I've replaced the F1 fuse, which doesn't seem to help. I'm on to the next step of replacing all capacitors.

I know this is an old OLD post. But I came across it in my searches I wanted to mention, should anyone else come across this & think its a good idea.

You should never use 90% isopropyl alcohol to clean your print heads, Never ever. You should mix 10mll isopropyl alcohol with 90mll distilled water, bottled water or deionised water. If you use anything stronger than 30% isopropyl alcohol it will dissolve the seals inside the printhead & it will leak out onto the electronic circuit board, at which point it will blow your printers board. It will also prevent any successful printing because the printhead will no longer be a air sealed unit so it won't be able to eject ink correctly.

I received a faulty printer for free to see if I can fix it. I discovered no power & I knew why, the printhead had been cleaned exactly the way I said not to & if you push through correct cleaning fluid. You will notice it's coming out of places it shouldn't, meaning the printheads now junk.

So far, I've replaced the F1 fuse, which doesn't seem to help. I'm on to the next step of replacing all capacitors.

Were you able to figure it out? I had my printer printed cleaned by someone and it's doing the exact same thing.

Just to ensure you are getting proper volts/amps (clean power). The only other recommendation I could make is try and unplug the printer.. Press and hold the power button for 15-30s, tap it a few more times for good measure, and then plug it back in and see what happens. Sometimes devices just need a good power drain.

Back