Error 1003, stop error, could someone look at my mini-dump?

horseatingweeds

I just had a stop error. The system restarted on its own. I found in the system event viewer the following errors:

11/16/2010 4:53:50 system error (102) 1003 N/A computerName
11/16/2010 4:55:53 DCOM None 10010 SYSTEM computerName

I included the mini-dump for this. Mini111610-01.dmp

The only time I've had a stop error in the past was two weeks ago. I got new speakers, simple ones - no software included, and just plugged them in. A few minutes later the system hit a stop error and restarted. I've included that mini-dump. Mini110210-01.dmp

Between these two instances I see the following errors in the log:

system control manager 7000
system control manager 7009
browser 8032
(2) DCOM 10010

The only strange thing I'm doing - besides brazenly switching speakers - is running Virtual Box.

Can anyone give me an idea what's going on?

Attachments

• Mini111610-01.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini110210-01.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 1
Is this a system you built yourself or is it one built by the likes of Dell, HP, etc.?

Okay, your issue is with the VIA High Definition Audio Function Driver viahduaa.sys.

Go to your motherboard's website and find your exact model. Then update the latest audio drivers from there.

Route44, thanks. I'll do that in the morning.

Why do you thing there would be trouble after switching speakers? How does the system even know or care? There are two audio systems on my board, legacy something and the High Definition one. Could the old speakers - which were old - have been using a driver other than the viahduaa.sys driver somehow?

I haven't enabled or disabled anything in the BIOS for audio, so I assume only the VIAHD one is enabled. Although, in Device Manager under Sounds, video and game controllers, I have the following:

ATI HDMI Audio
Audio Codecs
Legacy Audio Drivers
Legacy Video Capture Devices
Media Control Devices
VIA High Definition Audio
Video Codecs

I've updated the driver from 6.0.1.7200 to 6.0.1.7400. Things seem to work properly. So I guess I'll have to wait two weeks and see if I get any more errors?

Thanks for reading my mini-dump so quickly.

Glad to be of help. :) As for the time when the next errors occur is impossible to predict if they even happen at all.

If you get anymore Blue Screens just post to this thread and I'll be glad to to read them for you.

If your system remains stable beyond two weeks please let us know. That is good information to have.

Back