Error Caused by a Device Driver continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reksio

Hi,
Ive got exactly the same problem as some of the people here. The only difference is that I was getting blue screens with no messages on them but once ive updated drivers for the realtek 97 audio card, a message appeared on the bs but I didnt manage to read it as my computer has restarted itself. Still it might be a hint.

My hardware config is:

AMD athlon 939 winchester 3000
AN8 Ultra Abit motherboard (1.6 bios)
Geil Ultra 1 gb dual channel ram
Sapphire Radeon x800 video
Realtek Audio 97

Ive included the dumps in the previous thread (the forum wouldnt let me attach them again ).

//edit Right, this time the blue screen included a driver file name:

ati2cqag.dll - Address BFA12CF7 base at BFA0A000, Datestamp 42f1772f

And another thing is that the blank blue screen only appeared when the computer had crashed while running lineage2 whereas the other one appeared while running another game - singles.

Another fact - had another crash with blue screen - this time when running skype and turinig on guru utility for abit mother board. On the bs it said:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
and
ALCXWDM.SYS - Address F6358E7F base at F62EF000, Datestamp 42e5fc56

This file is a realtek 97 driver.

Here are some updated files which may as well help :)

Attachments

• updateddump1.txt
    182 bytes · Views: 5
All of your minidumps are inacessible and it is symptom of bad ram.

Suggestion
If you have more than two memory modules. Take out one memory modules. If your windwos does not crash, the removed ram is faulty.

you can also relax memory timings in the adanced bios settings. this involves raising the timing values (CAR, RAS...) and saving you changes. sometimes, the bios can be trying to run your memory at speeds that are a bit too fast for reliable operation, and this action will explore that possibility.

I think it is one of the ram modules since when ive taken one out, the bsod were still an issue but when ive swapped them, everything was working just fine.

Ty for your help. I really appreciate it.

Here u are

Hey cpc2004, here are my minidumps. I hope u can help me because im habing the same Driver device error everytime i try to make a complete virus analysis with Norton Antivirus 2004, just at the middle or so my PC gets restarted.

P4 Proccessor 530, 3 GHz
Caché L2 of 1MB
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900
512MB DDR

Thx for ur help

PS. I'll send 2 more minidumps in another post.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

pachon3 said:
Hey cpc2004, here are my minidumps. I hope u can help me because im habing the same Driver device error everytime i try to make a complete virus analysis with Norton Antivirus 2004, just at the middle or so my PC gets restarted.

P4 Proccessor 530, 3 GHz
Caché L2 of 1MB
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900
512MB DDR

Thx for ur help

PS. I'll send 2 more minidumps in another post.

Ordinarily, you should start your own thread in the Windows OS forum.

This makes dealing with, and reading threads much easier for everyone.

However, because your problem is easy to deal with, I will help you here.

All your minidumps crash because of your Symantec/Norton security products.

This is a known issue with some systems/configurations.

The simple sollution is to download the following two programmes.

AVG free antivirus from HERE

Sygate personal firewall from HERE

Once you have downloaded the above two programmes, disconnect from the internet.

Now uninstall anything to do with Symantec/Norton from add remove programmes in your control panel. You may need to reboot your system several times in order to do this.

When you are sure you`ve got rid of that Symantec/Norton crap.

Install the programmes above, one at a time, and reboot your system.

Reconnect to the internet, and run the AVG updates.

Please let us know the outcome.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back