Error caused by a device driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am periodically getting the blue screen of death. I know I need to fix my problem but can't figure it out. When I restart my computer and windows takes me to the problem description, I am told:

A device driver installed on your computer caused the problem; however, we cannot determine the precise cause.

I have checked and can't tell what it's for. It actually happened about a year ago and I ignored it. I know bad. After I infected my computer last month..got it cleaned up..it happens probably once every week or every other week.

The codes I am given are:

BCcode:1000008e BCP1:C0000005 BCP2: 804e59ec BPC3: eee69ccc BPC4: 00000000 OSVER: 5_1_2600 SP: 2_0 Product: 768_1

I had a dump file but I didn't write those down. I didn't what they were until I read another post.

Can anyone help? PLEASE!!

Thanks,

Ohigirl67

Device driver.. so, have you tried updating all your drivers to the latest ones?

Thanks. Now I feel a little stupid (not caused by you...so don't feel bad). I should have thought of that when I followed Microsoft's instructions. I have gone through all my drivers, right clicked and hit update drivers. I had at least 3 to 4 drivers update...my Dot4Usp HPH11 (photosmart 7150) -- my printer and several of my intel 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controllers.

I'm am crossing my fingers and toes :) that this works.

Thank you N3051M.

Ohigirl67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back