Error: (login): 0x10e0 The operator or administrator has refused the request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.

I have just got a new laptop with vista for the first time, and installed the standard software's. I do not know which program installed incorrectly and ever since I get this error:

Title: Microsoft Internet Explorer
Msg: Error: (login): 0x10e0 The operator or administrator has refused the request

I attempted to do a search on it and based on several leads, ran the anti-spyware, malwares and anti-virus. All came up negative. I also used PC-TOOL's Registry Mechanic to check for incorrect registries. Also negative.

I have attached HijackThis report for reference. Any help would be appreciated.

System Info:

Intel vPro Technology
2GB Ram
Vista Ultimate 32bit
All Latest Vista Updates Installed.
Office 2007 Pro.

I had attempted to installed TightVNC but it did not work and found it was not vista compatible and then I removed it, I checked and there are no services or files that were left behind.

thanks
ankesh

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    12.5 KB · Views: 10
Hey ppl

I was able to fix the issue.

It was a malware, the **** Removed Spam Program did not really help, the errors it found i used combination of 2 freeware registry mechanics and got rid of 95% errors **** Removed Spam Program found. So i was pretty sure that was not the issue.

I used Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to remove the malware in safe mode.

madengineer.
did you bought the **** Removed Spam Program
I bought and it solved me the problem.
its not a malware problem its an internet explorer error!!!
don't try to deceive ppl !!!

Hello Sworld727, thank you for your concern....I believe I know my laptop better as it is with me? and that I ran the malware checker and it reported that rundll was infected and repaired it?

Even if I do not have to proof it, for the benefit of the general community I am attaching the log file of the event.

I would highly recommend that you stop posting the same recommendation everywhere on the net, it just seems to indicate that somehow you are affiliated to the creator of the program and advertising it. If it worked for you, good for you. Please stop throwing accusations around.

And for purchasing the software, I reserve the right to see what I need to purchase or not, and that if I find alternatives that basically perform the function for me for free why not?

Thank you

Attachments

• mbam-log-2008-12-13 (15-47-35).txt
    988 bytes · Views: 12
Hey ppl

I was able to fix the issue.

It was a malware, the **** Removed Spam Program did not really help, the errors it found i used combination of 2 freeware registry mechanics and got rid of 95% errors **** Removed Spam Programfound. So i was pretty sure that was not the issue.

I used Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to remove the malware in safe mode.

Hello madengineer... thanks for sharing that solution

Which 2 freeware registry mechanics did you use to solve this?

Would the Malwarebyte's anti-malware software need to be run from safe mode to fix this error?

Thanks...

I don't understand some people

I don't understand why pepole gives bad advise!?!?!
If you are not sure write you are not sure or don't write at all!.
I deleted this file and after restart, my pc didn't load up any more only blue screen. i lost important data and i had to reinstall my OS again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back