ESA confirms that E3 2022 is completely canceled

Daniel Sims

Staff
What just happened? The Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) has been in turmoil ever since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic. With the Entertainment Software Association (ESA) now telling its partners that this year's event has been canceled, the future of the expo appears bleak.

The first report of E3 2022's cancellation came in a tweet from Razer PR lead Will Powers, who said he received an email confirming it. Soon after, the ESA notified Axios's Stephen Totilo and Variety that it axed this year's show. The organization plans to use the extra time to organize an in-person and digital E3 in the summer of 2023.

In January, the ESA canceled this year's in-person event due to the emergence of the Omicron variant of Covid-19. Reports also suggested that a digital-only event hadn't been set in stone. Typically, E3 announces the date of next year's event immediately upon the close of the current year's expo. However, the ESA never revealed a date for E3 2022. The event hasn't been held in person since 2019. The onset of the pandemic led to the first-ever cancellation of E3 in 2020, and E3 2021 was an online-only event.

The official Twitter account of the 2022 Super Game Fest — a similar industry event — tweeted a link to its website immediately after Powers's tweet. The show's host, Geoff Keighley, reacted with a winking emoji. The website for this year's Summer Game Fest went live in January, at nearly the same time the ESA canceled E3 2022's in-person event.

Permalink to story.

With a lab made virus like SARS-Covid-19, there will be all sorts of sub variants around, which means they might as well just scrap the entire thing, forever.

What's amazing is that even though every medical authority has said that there's no longer any need for even the *effective* masks (N-19 and better) the media keeps pushing the Fauci narrative. How that guy is not in jail, let alone still enjoying his massive conflicts of interest, shows that the system is irredeemably corrupt.

The fact they are cancelling the online portion over a virus that most of the world has moved past and comingled with without much ill effect speaks the truth: that E3 as an event is really dead. Most game makers just host their own events with their own fanfare that they can control and get more attention with. The device market has become utterly boring with one pedestrian option over another, gone are the days of the iphone 4 or the xbox 360. With the internet of today, news travels so fast that events like e3 are obsolete before they even occur. Da Varus is just a convenient excuse of the event's organizers to hold onto their paid positions for another few months.

RIP E3. The PS4 reveal and rug pull by sony will forever be one of the best events along the halo 3 e3 reveal.

This doesn't make a damn bit of sense. 77% of Americans are vaccinated now. We now are under 1000 deaths on average per day. Even though the average number of deaths per year from the flu before Covid-19 was 35000, when you compare Covid deaths now to the last 2 years it's almost a relief.

In my opinion, with the vaccination rate now, it seems like masking is really not a thing anymore. So if someone goes to an event like this, is not vaccinated, and they kick, that is really not a loss to society as a whole anyway.
Survival of the fittest, death of the dumbest.

What's amazing is that even though every medical authority has said that there's no longer any need for even the *effective* masks (N-19 and better) the media keeps pushing the Fauci narrative. How that guy is not in jail, let alone still enjoying his massive conflicts of interest, shows that the system is irredeemably corrupt.
No longer "obligatory" does not equal "no need". It's common sense. Just freaking use the mask in public places where large groups of people gather and stop acting childish. For example, use it in the metro or buses.

This doesn't make a damn bit of sense. 77% of Americans are vaccinated now. We now are under 1000 deaths on average per day. Even though the average number of deaths per year from the flu before Covid-19 was 35000, when you compare Covid deaths now to the last 2 years it's almost a relief.

In my opinion, with the vaccination rate now, it seems like masking is really not a thing anymore. So if someone goes to an event like this, is not vaccinated, and they kick, that is really not a loss to society as a whole anyway.
Survival of the fittest, death of the dumbest.
Unfortunately it's not just the dumb that die, it's those that get exposed because of said dumdums.

Nooo, how will I watch advertisments of games that will end up being worse than what was shown in the trailer?!

Not sure the mild coof is even the real reason it was cancelled.

No longer "obligatory" does not equal "no need". It's common sense. Just freaking use the mask in public places where large groups of people gather and stop acting childish. For example, use it in the metro or buses.
The world isn't scared of the common cold anymore, omicron isn't scary unless you're a fat diabetic with heart failure and high blood pressure, omicron a isnt scary, and omicron b isnt scary. Stop being childish, wear a mask if you want to, stop demanding everyone around you play germaphobe with you.

The world isn't scared of the common cold anymore, omicron isn't scary unless you're a fat diabetic with heart failure and high blood pressure, omicron a isnt scary, and omicron b isnt scary. Stop being childish, wear a mask if you want to, stop demanding everyone around you play germaphobe with you.
When you keep comparing it to "the common cold", I have the objective right and civic obligation to say you are wrong.

"The common cold" is just an excuse used by people who haven't seen the effects of Covid on someone close to them. Actually, even more than that, it's an excuse used by people who don't care about anybody but themselves. Just how hard is it for you to use a mask in public transport or when going shopping?

You don't like a mask? I get it, but advocating non-stop everywhere that people shouldn't use it is just...

Unfortunately it's not just the dumb that die, it's those that get exposed because of said dumdums.
You are right of course. 96% of new Covid infections\deaths are unvaccinated, but when someone is infected in a breakthrough by one of these dipshits (The common cold??) it's still one too many and totally avoidable. I really blew it there.

linda-belcher-bobs-burgers.gif

Last edited:
Covid is becoming a convenient excuse for dying & unsuccessful businesses to shutter up. The west is way past covid, so how can they blame covid for not continuing?

When you keep comparing it to "the common cold", I have the objective right and civic obligation to say you are wrong.

"The common cold" is just an excuse used by people who haven't seen the effects of Covid on someone close to them. Actually, even more than that, it's an excuse used by people who don't care about anybody but themselves. Just how hard is it for you to use a mask in public transport or when going shopping?

You don't like a mask? I get it, but advocating non-stop everywhere that people shouldn't use it is just...
Hello, we did that for 2 years. Are you advocating we continue wearing masks indefinitely? I got Covid, and it was milder than the common cold for me. Up to 50% of people are even ASYMPTOMATIC, meaning Covid does nothing to them. If you know someone that reacted severely to Covid, they're an exception to the rule. And guess what, I know people that can be killed by a nut, does that mean we ban all nuts? No thank you, the onus is on the person with the nut allergy to be extra diligent. If you're part of the extreme minority that's vulnerable to Covid, then the onus is on you to be extra diligent, not the entire world to shelter to protect you.

Hello, we did that for 2 years. Are you advocating we continue wearing masks indefinitely? I got Covid, and it was milder than the common cold for me. Up to 50% of people are even ASYMPTOMATIC, meaning Covid does nothing to them. If you know someone that reacted severely to Covid, they're an exception to the rule. And guess what, I know people that can be killed by a nut, does that mean we ban all nuts? No thank you, the onus is on the person with the nut allergy to be extra diligent. If you're part of the extreme minority that's vulnerable to Covid, then the onus is on you to be extra diligent, not the entire world to shelter to protect you.
You just don't want to use a mask when it should be used. It's that simple. It encroaches on your "freedom". Your sense of "freedom" goes way beyond your civic duty. It's just too much for you to put on a mask when you go into a crowded metro/subway/bus.

That poor asymptomatic person, being forced to wear a mask on the bus. He is just fine, COVID doesn't do anything to him, and you are certain that those around him will all be fine too (especially the elderly). Actually, screw everybody else, his freedom to more easily spread COVID is more important.

If you went to Japan, you would have seen people wearing masks in public, especially in public transport, for about a century now. Those poor "freedomless" people, I'm sure you pity them for using a mask.

If you can't understand common sense then why should I continue talk to you?

Last edited:
Back