Event error 1003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claypoole

Hello everyone. I need help please. Running an Intel P4 with XP Pro all updated desktop on a wireless Linksys WUSB54GS. For the last month it seems that when I am in either a word doc mostly, or on the internet; when I scroll with the mouse the computer goes into a reboot. See attached pic for error msg. I've tried changing wireless adapters but that was no help. Changed mice, nothing. My wireless is connected to a Netgear WGT624 and no problems with that. All my anti spyware and AV are up to date. Please help. Thank you.

Attachments

• Event4_4reboot.png
    Event4_4reboot.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 6
The Event Error doesn't tell us much.
Could you post the brand and model of the computer, or the motherboard, and configuration of memory, hard drive, video card?
We are assuming your Netgear is connected to Cable or DSL, and the LinkSys plugs into one of the RJ-45 ports in the back of the Netgear.

Error 1003

Computer is a build Intel P4, 512MB ram, The linksys is a wireless adapter getting a signal from the netgear 624. See attached for computer info. Hope this helps. I am inclined to think that the wireless adapter was maybe too close to the mouse and maybe getting some interference? I did move the adapter a few feet away.

Could someone please tell me if I am running too hot on this chipset? Perhaps this was running too hot that accounted for my reboots. I am using Speedfan.

Intel 82821EB ICH5 I don't know what the temp range should be. Thanks.

CPU 50C
Ambient 35C

Claypoole, this Event has nothing to do with the reboots.
Ironically you say "My wireless is connected to a Netgear WGT624 and no problems" but this is where the Event is coming from.

Please revisit the message you left, you will see this is a Warning, not an Error. Occasionally when the system comes out of Standby, there's a delay in renewing the network address. The Warning is displayed and does not require any action by the user.

IF the address cannot be renewed, THEN it would go into an Error. At this point, this Event is not any problem.

If sounds like a problem with the mouse. I suggest that you go to the homepage of the manufacturer of the mouse and see if there is a driver update available. If there is, get it.

I don't believe this is a heat issue either,

Thank you for your response. The warnings I have gotten DHCP precipitae a reboot. The computer has never been in a standy mode. I had been working either in a document or on a webpage. I am inclined to think it is not a mouse problem as I have had four different mouse devices attached at different times. Currently I am using a wired Logitech optical mouse.

To the best of my knowledge, this warning will Not Cause a reboot. In other words, this occurrence will Not make the system reboot. A warning is Not an Error- it's a Warning, nothing more. However, if you get impatient, you may do a reboot.

If you continue to have this problem, contact the ISP. It is not related to what you are reporting.

Bobbye. I have checked with MS. Article 239924 A previous reference was Q239924 and have made a registry adjustment. Backed it up before of course. I will see if that possible fix does it. When it reboots, I immediately go to the event manager and I see the warning msg at the time this all happened. It does not say "error".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back