Ever wonder why help forums don't need us?

holdum323

Hi Ever wonder why help forums don't need us that much these days. Here are my thoughts. W10 has given us several ways to recover. There's nothing that beats a back up image on a external drive.
Here's some more ways to recover your W10 OS. What are your thoughts?
PS I am the author of this on another forum.
Hi! Yes I agree that using Linux as a recovery tool will require some technical knowledge, but if you have data you need to recover, that is one way. If you can't boot into windows, you can try to get into the advanced startup mode where you can try a reset or a refresh. Here are the recovery options for W10. Here's link from MS Community.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options
Here's link showing ways to get into advanced startup mode.
https://pureinfotech.com/access-adv...hoot-fix-pc/#advanced_startup_windows10_setup
Here's link from HTG showing how to use advanced startup mode.
https://www.howtogeek.com/131916/ho...artup-options-to-fix-your-windows-8-computer/
I think I have covered the ways to recover Windows. Sorry if I confused this thread, but there are things you have to learn about your OS, if you're going to be a Windows user, and learning how to recover is a must.
Here's my favorite way to boot into the advanced startup mode if you can't get there from inside Windows.
If your PC isn’t loading Windows 10 and you don’t have the operating system installation files, you can use the following trick.

1. Start your computer and follow the POST, when Windows should begin loading, press the power button to shutdown your computer.

2. Repeat the previous step twice, and in the third restart the operating system should enter into the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE), where a number of diagnostics will be performed to try fix any booting issues, but you will also get an option to access the Windows Startup Settings.

Hi! I'm thinking there are even more reasons that techs aren't needed as much these days. I'm also thinking that MS will make it even easier to recover from disasters in the near future. Then what will I do to with all my time?:D

Maybe that is because every home has a tech in the family now days.
I hear that. I'm thinking that babies that are born these days, are born with a computer in their crib. My grand kids know more then I do. It's a little scary IMHO, but I'm very old. I'm sure it will all work out for the best.
Thanks for your reply!

Hi Ever wonder why help forums don't need us that much these days. Here are my thoughts. W10 has given us several ways to recover.
This is the premise that failures still occur, but self recovery is obvious and easier. Hmm; the new WRE is not obvious and not straight forward IMO.

I would propose (wait for it) that Win/10 is far more stable than previous version of windows (gulp, I admit it)! It is a total rewrite of the OS and did not use win/7,8,8.1 as a base. This gave the experienced project leaders lots of guidance in "what not to do" which is far more valuable than knowing how to write code.

The forced role-out was draconian and there's no brownie points for that approach, but on the whole, (ignoring the GUI) Win/10 is one of the best products Redmond has ever produced. CONSEQUENTLY, the "please help me" pleas of yesterday have greatly diminished.

There are still issues of how to configure or get specific functions working, but even those are diminished.

Just my $0.02

Back