EveshamVale - Motherboard Type

Status
Not open for further replies.

laptox

Hi,

I have an eveshamvale computer - I have run CPU-Z - and it lists the motherboard as eveshamvale - however 'eveshamvale' have gone bust, however I was considering upgrading this to windows 7 - but just wonder about the drivers ?

Anybody any views if this is feasible ?
Edit Seems the Motherboard is MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R - anybody any ideas if this will work with windows 7 - or where I might get drivers ?

Windows 7 works well with a lot more hardware than any Windows OS before. There is a Windows Upgrade Advisor program out there. Google for it

First, you have the issue of finding the right drivers and then Win/7 requires Signed Drivers.

There is a hack to bypass that requirement, but you need engough to get the system installed and running before you can regedit to stop the Signed Driver requirement.

I don't know about this old MSI motherboard, but with my "old" ABIT board, all the drivers were updated by Windows Update soon after Windows 7 was installed. I had no trouble installing Windows 7 Pro 64 bit over Vista Home Premium, SP2, 64 bit at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back