Exactly 30 minutes my laptop will shutdown

Has anyone already figured out how to fix this problem? I've already tried everything I know and no luck. I read a lot of you guys also have this problem. Could this be a cpu failure? The thing that I didn't try is to change the cpu. I don't want to buy a cpu unless it it surely the problem. My laptop is dell inspiron 17r 5720 and the cpu is i5.

EXACTLY 30 minutes? Someone is messing with you. Try looking for a "scheduled task" or a "startup script" that is doing a shutdown after 1800 seconds. If it's 30 minutes after logging in then look for a "login script".

I don't think someone is messing with my laptop I'm pretty sure about that. I also tried to install fresh windows from windows 7, 8 and 10 and I tried to leave a computer in bios settings just to see if it still shutting down at 30 minutes and it is. I'm thinking about replacing the cpu but I want to know more if someone fix this problem by replacing the cpu. Thanks anyway...

Could this be a cpu failure?
No. You should check the temps with something like HWiNFO or CoreTemp though.

Look at the Windows logs in event viewer. Under system or application it'll probably say what's restarting the PC and it might even tell you why.

Back