Explorer closing message while converting flash video, computer locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hp windows media center pc running xp. I was converting a youtube video using QMC. I got a messege that windows was closing explorer to proctct the pc. Then it never returned the bottom tray and I could not do anything. I got to the task manager via ctrl, alt, delte to restart but only had shutdown option. When I tured pc back on, It never went further than the opening page...I could not select recovery (F10) and could not select escape or anything else. I am just sick>>I had some hard work on embroidery designs that I had spent hours creating and had not yet back those up. Oh God I am sick over this...Is there any hope?
thanks you
cjeureka

Try this:

Boot into Safe Mode

* Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
* Select the Safe Mode option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.

Start> Run> type in eventvwr

Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:

• [1]. Click to open the log>
    [2]. Look for the Error>
    [3] .Right click on the Error> Properties>
    [4]. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow >
    [5]. Paste here (Ctrl V)
    [6].NOTES
    • You can ignore Warnings and Information Events.
    • If you have a recurring Error with same ID#, same Source and same Description, only one copy is needed.
    • You don't need to include the lines of code in the box below the Description, if any.
    • Please do not copy the entire Event log.

Errors are time coded. See if there are any application Errors for QMC or Quick Media Converter
Be sure and check the System log also.

And there's always hope!

re: Explorer closing mesege while converting flash video, computer locked

Great news~ I had a 4gb high density san disk inserted that was preventing everything~ once I noticed it and popped it out~ Windows started~ go figure~ My computer can't read that high density card~surprised becuase my Exilm camera can and this computer is fairly new...I appreciate Your attempt to help me~turned out it was human error~
cjeureka

Thanks for the update! Yep, human errors are the hardest to find> after all, it's humans looking for the errors! Glad you working okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back