Failed Shockwave Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have played games on IWON.com, for sometime there was an indication that to play their games I needed to download shockwave, so I decided to download and install it. big mistake. during the installation process, i got the following message: "could not load the dll library c:\\WINNT\system32\kernel32.dll (GetSystemWow64DirectoryA). The specified procedure could not be found." i thought shockwave needed to be repaired but was not able to complete the repair process.
how do i restore my system or settings so i can play my games again?
supervt

Shockwave may have been corrupted during the download. Best thing to do is remove the Shockwave install, or any previous installations, in Control Panel's Add and Remove Components.

All of your programs, including browsers, instant messengers, and email, MUST be closed before you can implement the Shockwave Player uninstaller. You can determine this by examining the System Tray in Windows. You do not want ANYTHING in memory.
Once the previous versions are gone, you can usually install a new download easily. But you might want to install it in SAFE MODE. Be sure you do not have a muscular firewall working, such as Comodo, Zone Alarm, or Kerio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back