Failing Processor? Or ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinkeith

So its been a long while since i've had this issue but somehow it came back to tickle me once more.

I posted up a while ago with the same issue, here is a link:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic124148.html

Windows 7 RC
Gigabyte EP43-UD3L mobo
Seagate 250GB Barracuda 7200rpm SATA HDD
Hitachi-LG Data Storage DVD/CD RW Model: GSA-H31N
Nvidia EVGA 9800GTX+ 512mb Vid Card
2x2GB Kingston DDR2 1066mhz
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.40ghz
20" Dell Widescreen Monitor

About 5 months ago i was playing WoW and my screen fuzzed out (artifacts on speed) with mass colors everywhere (see above link for pictures). I assumed it was my gfx card so i replaced my 8600gts that came with the computer with a 9800gtx+ and the problem went away. I tested my gfx card in another computer and it ran just fine. Two days later the same thing happened and i couldnt even get past a boot up screen without the screen goin nuts (again, check pictures in above thread). So i then figured it may be the motherboard from some help online and here at techspot. I ended up buying a EP43-UD3L w/ some 2x2GB 1066 DDR2, an Antec EA650 psu, and a new case. A new case since the new mobo wouldnt fit in the dell XPS710 case. I reinstalled windows, downloaded all correct drivers, and she's been working fine till now.

Three days ago i got the same fuzzed color annoying screen and since then the computer will only stay up for a few minutes before crashing again. So i put Prime 95 on the computer and do a CPU stress test and its passing perfectly. I'm pretty sure this issue is hardware related but i'm seriously running out of options on stuff to replace here. I'm really about to just go buy a new case cuz at this point im just baffled ;p kidding aside, does anyone have any clue as to what the problem might be? or something i can check? Quickly running through the above link will definately help clear up some issues as well as some things that i've already tried.

Thanks!

Good to rule out a few things first.
Which online connection do you have? What about power supplies, and power sources from the wall? Any machinery or other devices that could possibly cause interference by wire or by radiation... stereo gear, chargers, and the like?
Have you considered changing your SATA and video cables?
The only troublesome device I see on your list is the Hitachi drive.
Is your memory Kingston Value Ram rather than full RAM?
Have you tested your Dell monitor in another system for 24 hours?
Have you considered running Memtest86 for four hours or seven passes, whichever is greater?

I'm completely confused with this computer. For the past three days i cant get a webpage open without it crashing. Now today its been on for an hour of Prime95 and 4 hours of gaming without one hicup. Sigh.

What are your temperatures like? Download a program called hwmonitor, and check your temps. Artifacts on the screen usually indicate something with the video card. It could be that your video card is over heating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back