Fake ad making the rounds on social media claims you can charge your iPhone in a microwave

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Are you familiar with Apple Wave, the revolutionary new charging feature that's bundled with iOS 8? It uses microwave frequencies to charge your phone. All you need to do for a rapid recharge is place your iOS 8 device in a...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/58143-fake-ad-making-the-rounds-on-social-media-claims-you-can-charge-your-iphone-in-a-microwave.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

G

Epic and awesome. Anyone who is too stupid not to know that metal and microwaves = bad deserves what they get imo.

Reactions: SirChocula

Movatheaiur

Coffee, meet Mr. keyboard and Mr. monitor.Wow just, wow. This is the best story I have read in years. For the appropriate audience too.

GhostRyder

Anyone who falls for this deserves what happens because obviously they should not have said device if they cannot understand that Electronics and Microwaves do not mix.

G

For the money and for what you get, it is actually easy to judge people by the brand of phone they choose. I wear brand name clothing, but for the quality, not the brand. None of my clothing advertises the brand name. People buy Apple products for the brand name, while the brand used to signify quality and innovation, it has fallen way behind.

Yours truly,
a former Apple user

Rippleman

[
For the money and for what you get, it is actually easy to judge people by the brand of phone they choose. I wear brand name clothing, but for the quality, not the brand. None of my clothing advertises the brand name. People buy Apple products for the brand name, while the brand used to signify quality and innovation, it has fallen way behind.

Yours truly,
a former Apple user
sounds a very personal experience.

Emexrulsier

Lol I wonder if anyone has tried this lol. Also on the advert it chargers slower the higher the wattage of the microwave, if your gunna create a fake add atleast make it convincing :D

Nobina

Lol I wonder if anyone has tried this lol. Also on the advert it chargers slower the higher the wattage of the microwave, if your gunna create a fake add atleast make it convincing :D
It's convincing enough for iPhone users.