Fake ad making the rounds on social media claims you can charge your iPhone in a microwave

Shawn Knight

Staff member

fake iphone apple 4chan iphone 6 prank ios 8 apple wave microwave

Are you familiar with Apple Wave, the revolutionary new charging feature that’s bundled with iOS 8? It uses microwave frequencies to charge your phone. All you need to do for a rapid recharge is place your iOS 8 device in a microwave for a minute and a half. Wait, what?

That’s the gist of a bogus iOS 8 ad currently making the rounds on social media. As Digital Trends points out, the ad originated from the 4chan message boards – the same group responsible for the iOS 7 waterproof ad last year.

While virtually nobody that reads this site would fall for such a thing, I’m sure most of us could think of at least a couple of people in our lives that might be gullible enough to give it a try.

And just so you can’t say I didn’t say so, don’t put your iDevice in the microwave.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Epic and awesome. Anyone who is too stupid not to know that metal and microwaves = bad deserves what they get imo.

Coffee, meet Mr. keyboard and Mr. monitor.Wow just, wow. This is the best story I have read in years. For the appropriate audience too.

Anyone who falls for this deserves what happens because obviously they should not have said device if they cannot understand that Electronics and Microwaves do not mix.

For the money and for what you get, it is actually easy to judge people by the brand of phone they choose. I wear brand name clothing, but for the quality, not the brand. None of my clothing advertises the brand name. People buy Apple products for the brand name, while the brand used to signify quality and innovation, it has fallen way behind.

Yours truly,
a former Apple user

[
For the money and for what you get, it is actually easy to judge people by the brand of phone they choose. I wear brand name clothing, but for the quality, not the brand. None of my clothing advertises the brand name. People buy Apple products for the brand name, while the brand used to signify quality and innovation, it has fallen way behind.

Yours truly,
a former Apple user

sounds a very personal experience.

Lol I wonder if anyone has tried this lol. Also on the advert it chargers slower the higher the wattage of the microwave, if your gunna create a fake add atleast make it convincing :D

Lol I wonder if anyone has tried this lol. Also on the advert it chargers slower the higher the wattage of the microwave, if your gunna create a fake add atleast make it convincing :D
It's convincing enough for iPhone users.

Back