Fallout 3 and The Sims 4 are currently free to download and keep

midian182

Staff member
In brief: In these days of economic uncertainty, we can all appreciate a freebie or two. Gamers currently have a couple of oldies-but-goodies they can grab gratis: the RPG titan that is Fallout 3 (GOTY edition), and the excellent social simulator The Sims 4.

Starting with Bethesda's classic, Fallout 3 is currently one of the games being given away free as part of the Epic Games Store's weekly promotion. Released in 2008, it marks Fallout's move from a 2D isometric, turn-based game into the 3D epic the franchise is known for today.

This isn't vanilla Fallout 3, either; it's the game of the year edition, which means you also get all five of its DLCs: Operation: Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steel, Point Lookout, and Mothership Zeta.

Fourteen years is a long time, even longer in video game terms, so Fallout 3 is showing its age a bit, but it's still an amazing experience and definitely worth your time if you've never had the pleasure of exploring the Capital Wasteland. The giveaway is part of Fallout's 25th-anniversary celebrations that include the original Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics selling on the Epic Store for $2.50 each.

Epic gives away two games on rotation each week, of course. Alongside Fallout 3 is Evoland: Legendary Edition. It consists of the original Evoland: A Short Story Of Adventure Video Games Evolution and the sequel, Evoland II: A Slight Case Of Spacetime Continuum Disorder. It mixes different styles from RPG history, including the Game Boy's familiar monochrome, Zelda-like NES graphics, and more modern 3D à la Final Fantasy VII.

Fallout 3 and Evoland: Legendary Edition are free on the Epic Games Store until October 27.

Elsewhere, Sims fans can now download and keep The Sims 4 for Windows, Mac, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series forever without paying a penny. The 2014 fourth main entry in the series is going permanently free-to-play, though it only includes the base game and not any of the numerous expansions. PC owners can grab it from Steam, the EA app, and Origin. And make sure to check out our feature, The Sims: 22 Years and Counting.

Permalink to story.

Epic games; no thanks Communist China.

If you're that xenophobic, you might want to go through your house and throw out about two-thirds of what you own, as most of it was made in China. Same goes for many of the components in your cars. I love Epic Games. I won't pay $50 and up for a game, and Epic gives away a lot of great games, and has excellent discounts on others. If it weren't for Epic Games, I probably would just quit gaming altogether.

Fallout 3 is definitely something on my list to play. I've yet to spend a single cent in Epic Store yet I have a sizeable collection of games there.

If it weren't for Epic Games, I probably would just quit gaming altogether.
If it weren't for Epic Games, my urge to quit gaming altogether would be significantly less.

Tim Sweeney is a lying scumbag who is trying to balkanize and consolize PC gaming. His biggest hit is a ripoff and his entire strategy is predicated on denying anyone who won't use his shitty platform the ability to play games, while rewarding the stupid rubes foolish enough to take the baited free game fish hook.

If it weren't for Epic Games, my urge to quit gaming altogether would be significantly less.

Tim Sweeney is a lying scumbag who is trying to balkanize and consolize PC gaming. His biggest hit is a ripoff and his entire strategy is predicated on denying anyone who won't use his shitty platform the ability to play games, while rewarding the stupid rubes foolish enough to take the baited free game fish hook.

I disagree with you, but I'm curious as to what you think, he ripped off?

Tell you what TechSpot, I will add Fallout 3 to my Epic Games. Thanks for that.

If you're that xenophobic, you might want to go through your house and throw out about two-thirds of what you own, as most of it was made in China. Same goes for many of the components in your cars. I love Epic Games. I won't pay $50 and up for a game, and Epic gives away a lot of great games, and has excellent discounts on others. If it weren't for Epic Games, I probably would just quit gaming altogether.
China is the enemy, pure and simple. come spend 5 years all over Africa if you want to see their current exploitation of poverty; or go to China to see how they put one set of kids the same age in a sweat shop or another set that get to go to school; and to make it better, put the buildings right next to each other. Pretty obvious you have zero world experience.

Back