Few last minute upgrade queries...

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.there are 2 versions of the asus boards with onboard Geforce6 for the athlon 64 namely "A8N-VM CSM/NBP" and "A8N-VM CSM"...my vendor says only the latter is availbale here in market..as far i can see the only difference between the two is with the onboard graphics version...

http://in.asus.com/products2.aspx?l1=3&l2=15

A8N-VM CSM/NBP - NVIDIA® GeForce 6150B + nForce 430
A8N-VM CSM - NVIDIA GeForce 6150 + nForce 430

will that B thing make that much of a difference..???one more thing me gonna go for the XFX Geforce 7600GS 256MB...so even if there is any diff in the quality of onboard graphics bt the 2 boards..does'nt really matter right...????

2.to wat extent does what onboard graphics u have really matter when ur gonna be installing a graphics card...like for eg,board A,board B(both with similar FSB,RAM etc etc but mobo B inferior to mobo A with onboard graphics..)

now lets assume v installin same graphics on both the board..how wud u compare their performance...will the higher onboard graphics on board A help boost its performance...??

3.is there anythin called SATA2 interface for seagate HDD's...?and i guess do these mobos support it...

4.from the specs of the board,im not exactly able to figure out how many IDE ports r there...i already got a 40B hdd,combo drive,cd-drive..plannin to go for a 160GB SATA drive and a DVD writer...so curious to know if i can connect all of them..

thanks..!

hello and welcome

yes yes yes no no no (just a little joke to welcome you)

if you are going to use a graphics card then it wont really matter too much
but you would be better off getting the later model because it might have things like faster agp support. the difference with the onboard graphics (B)
is just newer graphics and possibly more memory capability.

you can tell how many ide slots are on the boards by looking the boards of viewing the picture as well as it should be in the specs.

if you are intending to build then you should have a look around on the web for tutorials with pictures to show you where everything on a board.
all ide,pci,agp slots will look the same and so will sata sockets.

check the board on the web to see if it supports sata2 and do the same on seagates website.

have fun and hope this was a little help

Sorry typing error

Onboard graphics have max memory usage capacity.
You can set this value in the BIOS, what i meant was that the Board that the newer board might have higher graphics memory usage capacity, older graphics version might use 64mb max and the newer version might use 128mb max.

Or the board with newer graphics might have some newer 3D technology.

thats if the graphics is the only difference is the graphics as the vendor says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back