Advice for my first build

I've been viewing TechSpot for quite a while and have noticed some very knowledgeable members, therefore, wanting to make my first build with the AMD processor I thought this would be a great place to get top advice.

I have several components that I've gathered along the way over the past 6 months and decided to build my own even though I'm on a tight budget I don't need it finished "tomorrow" so I'll post what I've collected and take advice on what to pair with these parts to get the best multimedia (HD movies, sports,etc. along with wi-fi (wireless transfer to my main TV that is 3 rooms from my desktop) and learn how to play a few games my dear daughter had when she was so suddenly taken from my wife and me last March.

1- AMD Phenom II black X955 multicore Processor/fan/heatsink kit.

I have already 3 graphics cards ( 1- XFX Radeon HD4850, 1- XFX Radeon HD5770 and 1- EVGA GTX550ti GeForce GDDR5)

I have 2 new motherboards- 1- ASROCK 870 Extreme3
and a ASUS M4A79XTD EVO board.

1- Seagate 1TB Barracuda LP 5700rpm
1- Western Digital 500GB 7200rpm HDD's
1 External Toshiba Canvio 3.0 USB 1TB portable hard drive.

1- Azza Titan 1000watt LED PSU
1- Asus DVD/CD Rewritable drive ( DRW-24B1ST)

4- sticks of Corsair XMS3 2x4GB ram= total 16GB at 1333MHz
and 2 sticks of G.Skill 2x2048 totaling
4GB of 1600 PC3-12800 (9-9-9-24) ram all DDR3. I also have allot of DDR2 Ram but won't be using it.

1- new Samsung 2493HM 24 inch HD monitor with HDMI and other connections.
Software includes Windows 7 64 bit professional and microsoft office "32bit" (will it work on 64bit system?)
keyboards, mouse, small things including a Logitech USB camera, etc.

I need to still get a tower and a BLU RAY burner wr/r/hd/etc to be able to watch high definition DVD's, games, etc. I don't need to burn HD, only read them.
The Asus above will be my second burner, but I don't think it will read High Definition?

I need allot of help matching the best of all above up so it will complement eachother!??

I have yet to buy a tower and the BluRay internal disc.
I am on a very tight budget but if necessary I will wait, save my money so I'm assured of matching everything up the most efficient way possible, even if it means buying a different motherboard or another graphics card to wire two together to crossfire, etc.

I have in mind of getting a Rosewill Cruiser midtower or one of three Antec LED fan towers , I.E. Antec nine hundred two v3 towers etc.

Would really appreciate any advise I get on my build.

Thanks again everyone,
George

Update 9-17-11
Thank you two for the valuable information, greatly appreciated!
Also: First of all. Thanks for the input from the two that offered their opinions. I greatly appreciated the much needed information.

Secondly, I came across this article (post) from N.egg today. Would like some feedback, confirmation that this may work with NVIDIA rather than Radeon on AMD setup? See below.

I thought AMD motherboards and CPU’s will only support Radeon Graphics cards in crossfire connection?
Here (below) is a quote of someone using 2 NVIDIA graphics cards together on an AMD system? Do I, or don’t I have to use Radeon dual GPU’s in a crossfire configuration to work properly? This guy is using what should be a SLI connection due to the fact that he is using two NVIDIA GPU’s? Yet he is using NVIDIA on an AMD system and all working great!!?
QUOTE: “ Great Motherboard
Pros: I use to only get intel products in the past, but I bought this for the price. I was able to buy this motherboard, an AMD 1100T 3.3 GHz processor, and a $50 CPU Fan, for $430. I don't think I'll be going back to intel any time soon. The BIOS is very easy to use, and it is very easy to overclock the CPU. The temperature sensors on the board work very well. I have had no problems installing or setting up this motherboard. The onboard sound is very high quality
Cons: The only thing that I do not like on this motherboard are the PCI slots. If you are using dual wide graphic cards, you can't fit anything else in. I had to give up my Creative X-Fi sound card in order to keep my dual graphics cards. However the onboard sound card is just as good.
Other Thoughts: My Setup:
Case: Antec 900
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition
Power Supply: SILVERSTONE ST1000 1000W
Graphics Card 1: NVIDIA GeForce 550 Ti
Graphics Card 2: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Dual 1TB Hard Drives”
End of Quote………………………..???

Your office software will be fine.

You have everything except the case and blue ray.

Blue ray: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151222
Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146061

Both these options are at the lower end of the budget, but worthwhile additions for the components above.

You also might want to consider another PSU in the long run as a 1KW PSU running the system you have above will be very inefficient in its consumption of electricity. A 550W PSU is plenty for the components above.

I'd also use the Western Digital disk as your primary disk (with Windows 7 installed on it) and your Seagate as a data disk, with personal files on it. This is because the WD has a high spin speed. The external hard disk will be very useful as a disk to backup your Seagate's personal files.

All three of those GPU's are fine for HD playback and gaming - the 550ti is probably the best of the three.

Use the X4 955BE with the ASRock 870 Extreme3. For the GPU, the 550Ti would be the best bet. And use your Corsair memory kits.

Back