Few problems with new build computer

recently built new computer myself and have a few problems with it..
first problem is that the post screen will just pause and it stays like that i find i have to reset the computer a couple of times to get the system to boot up..
second problem is with the sound sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. checked the start up menu and the Realtek HD Audio is listed in there but it dont always start up when system starts. Also if i plug anything into or take anything out of the front panel any program i am running at the time will crash.
Third problem is with browsing the internet, i am finding that it runs slower than a dial up connection taking 15 minutes to buffer a 3 minute song in youtube can not view any sites that stream videos and facebook takes a good 30 minutes to load fully. i have run a speed test and it shows the line is working correctly and none of the other computers in the house have this trouble with browsing the net.

any help would be great
thanks

my set up is..
Intel i7 980 3.33
asus rampage 3 extreme mother board
Kingston HyperX Genesis 24GB (6x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Triple Channel
gigabyte geforce gtx 580 3072mb ddr5 graphics card
OCZ Vertex 2 50GB 2.5" SATA-II Solid State Hard Drive (this is my boot drive)
1250w PSU
Xigmatek Elysium case

Thats quite a list :)

Are you getting a single post beep from your mobo speaker ?

Double check your wiring, check if anything is loose or connected wrongly, or grounding on your case.

Check your bios settings are all correct, loading optimal settings should sort most things out. clear your cmos to be extra sure.

Check you have installed the correct motherboard drivers.

If none of these things help you are probably looking at a hardware problem.

Hope this helps. :) nice rig btw !

not heard mobo beep will have to check that in the manual on that

checked all wiring again and again all good there

all drivers i installed came on the mobo disk

There wont be a beep if there is no speaker attached to the chassis speaker header on the motherboard. You can pick one up off ebay for about 2-3 pounds.

The number and length of beeps at startup can help determine your problem.

http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm#

In the meantime try removing everything unnecessary, leave 1 stick of ram and your hard drive and video card and see if it makes a diffrence.

Back