Finding a suitable laptop carry case

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyz

Hey all!

I have recently ordered a new Sony Vaio CW laptop, it is a 14 inch screen. My problem is that out of the 100s of cases online for laptops, none of them seem to be suitable for a 14 inch laptop!

I recently ordered a Belkin Energy Collection Messenger backpack as on their website it stated it holds 14-15 inch laptops. Though when I bought it on amazon it stated it only caters 15.4 inches... so im hoping for the best right now.

Can anyone here reccomend me a laptop bag/case/whatever for my 14 inch laptop? or perhaps a place where I can look?

I'm also on a little bit of a tight budget as the laptop and 7 years extra cover has cost me £730. Im not interested in buying the vaio's offical bag for £65 or any other insanely priced bag :)

Thanks for the help.
S.Grey

A 15" +/- carrying case will hold your 14" notebook just fine. I used to carry around my 14" D600 in one of such cases for years and it served me pretty well :)

[The original one was nicked :/]

So I will recommend to keep what you have already bought; and save the money.

Curious though, doesn't the bag usually meant to serve the size stated? wouldn't a larger bag have much more space = the laptop will be moving about everywhere/bouncing?

Im just trying to be very safe with my laptop as it cost me alot.. id scream if i broke it :(

An extra inch doesn't count as much, you can place a piece of Styrofoam or something similar on a side to fill it; beside only thing which is at risk from shock is the HDD (and many notebooks now come with some sort of Smart HDD Shock Protection). I dropped my DV5-1125em few days back from about 2 ft height; it was off at that time, and I think that smart shock protection thing saved the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back