FIOS To DSL downloading vids

learninmypc

In a nutshell, there are others in the building I live in so at any given time there could be 5 computers & maybe 3 or 4 iphones online. Today & at other times I've tried downloading a video thats maybe 95 minutes long & takes as long to download.
I've also emailed my landlord about this situation.
Just today it took me 6 hours to download a 2 1/2 movie.:(:mad:

A few years back I was able to download the same movie on dial up & 512 mb's ram in 30 minutes. Now, on fios & 8 gb's of ram :confused: 6+ hours ?

Wired or wireless?

Assuming wireless: There could be a lot of signal interference if there are other nearby wifi routers. If you don't have control of the router, you could request to your landlord that the wireless channel be changed. There are some tools you could use to gather some information on what is going on. I'm not familiar with the Windows ones, but this one seems to do what you need: http://www.jdsu.com/en-us/Test-and-...er-software-standard-edition-free-j6838a.aspx

Perhaps others will have some better suggestions...

If this is happening over wired, your landlord may be running some QoS settings on the router that may be slowing you down (or simply directly capping your download). Not much you can do about that other than ask him/her to stop.

welcome you Archive, Large Collection of Free Movies. Watch Video Online, Download Stream Content. Movie times, trailers, reviews and more
Wired or wireless?

Assuming wireless: There could be a lot of signal interference if there are other nearby wifi routers. If you don't have control of the router, you could request to your landlord that the wireless channel be changed. There are some tools you could use to gather some information on what is going on. I'm not familiar with the Windows ones, but this one seems to do what you need: http://www.jdsu.com/en-us/Test-and-...er-software-standard-edition-free-j6838a.aspx

Perhaps others will have some better suggestions...

If this is happening over wired, your landlord may be running some QoS settings on the router that may be slowing you down (or simply directly capping your download). Not much you can do about that other than ask him/her to stop.
Ok, I haven't heard back from my landlord yet, but I will soon & will proceed from there. Thank you. :) The Vista is wireless. I was able to get one movie last night so I'll proceed once I hear from my landlord, thanks. :)

Ok, I was informed today the building I live in will be changing ISP some time soon so this thread might just die :)

Back