Firefox being redirected, trouble installing and running Malwareytes and Super Antisp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've followed the eight steps for preliminary removal and attached the requested log files. AVG did not find any viruses. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware had to be renamed to be installed and I had to rename the exe file in C:program files to update and run the program. Super Anti-Spyware got a Microsoft error when trying to install (microsoft has encountered an error....send/don't send) I renamed the file to install. Had to go into program files to rename in order to update and run. I did a quick scan in error rather than a full scan and followed that up with a full scan (both logs included). No problem installing and running Hijack this. Please tell me where to go from here.

Thanks,

Walt

Hello wmonsma

Please download combofix here -> https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5587-combofix.html

Before Saving it to Desktop, please rename it to something like 123.exe to stop malware from disabling it.

Now, please make sure no other programs are running, close all other windows.

Please double click on the file you downloaded. Follow the onscreen prompts to start the scan.
Once the scanning process has started please DO NOT click on the Combofix window or attempt to use your computer as this can cause the scanning process to stall.
It may take a while to complete scanning and this is normal.

You will be disconnected from the internet and your desktop icons/toolbars will disappear during scanning, do not worry, this is normal and it will be restored after
scanning has completed.

Combofix will create a logfile and display it after your computer has rebooted. Usually located in c:\combofix.txt, please attach it to your next post

Combofix logfile attached as requested

Hi Touch,

Please find attached the Combofix logfile as requested. Looking forward to hearing from you in the near future for the next step in this process.

Thank you,

Walt

Delete this folder:
c:\documents and settings\Walt\Application Data\uTorrent

And tell how things are running ?

Deleted requested folder, computer seems to be running faster

Hi,

I've deleted the Utorrent folder as requested. Pages seem to be loading faster when using Firefox. Many of the programs running in the background (were in the sys tray) are no longer there such as Skype, AVG, Malwarebytes Anti-malware which speeds things up as well. Should I go ahead and rename the mbam files and super anti-virus back to their original names? Are AVG and mbam still running in the background even though they are not in the sys tray? Just a piece of information that I forgot to include in my initial post, I tried to play a movie that was given to me and was directed to a site to download additional codec for Windows media player. All my windows updates were current, so, stupid me, I downloaded and installed this mess I suspect.

Thank you,

Walt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back